Go Back   Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Santa Fe
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 PM

Thumbs up auto door lock?

is there anybody that knows if or how to get the doors to auto lock after you start driving. i just got my 08 sante fe limited.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed326 View Post
is there anybody that knows if or how to get the doors to auto lock after you start driving. i just got my 08 sante fe limited.
If the 2008 Santa Fe is like the 2008 Sonata, this feature can only be set by a dealership using a scantool plugged into the car's computer. If you bought the car from a Hyundai dealership, you can likely get them to do this for free. Otherwise, you are likely to get charged for 1/2 hour of labor. They will ask you at what speed do you want the doors to lock. I forget all the choices (20, 30, 40 km/hr?), but the slowest is about 15 mph.

One fluke about Hyundai, is they can't seem to figure the best way for the automatic door locks to work on their cars. The system was changed in 2009 so that the doors locked when the car was shifted into drive (which most people prefer), but they also automatically unlock all doors when shifted back into park (which most people don't like).
Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken99 View Post
I forget all the choices (20, 30, 40 km/hr?), but the slowest is about 15 mph.
Here is the TSB that describes configuring the automatic door locks. It says this is for 2006-2007 model years, but I know this system wasn't changed until 2009 in the Sonata and probably the Santa Fe as well.

http://www.hmaservice.com/files/331/.../06-90-022.pdf
Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 PM

Tags
2009, auto, automatic, automatically, change, door, enable, fe, hyudai, hyundai, lock, locking, override, santa, sonata