Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Cant find this bl**ping balance shaft alignment plug

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Default Cant find this bl**ping balance shaft alignment plug

I am trying to find this bl**ping balance shaft alignment plug to change the B timing belt. The manual illustration is useless. One post says its near the exhaust manny. I removed the whole manifold. I see a set screw (small phillips head) in the middle of the block facing the front of the car but a screwdriver will not go in the 2 inches its supposed to. I rotated the gear 360 degrees, nothing. Anyone have a picture of it. Is it on the front of the block facing the front of the car or on the drivers side of the block with the gears and belts? I am dismantleing everything to find this dang thing. 1995 sonata 4 cyl. P vin 2.0 liter. Someone must have changed their B belt and used this(one of the steps in the manual). There are a couple of bolts holding the dipstick in im going to try next. Is it on the oil pump cover. Dont really want to start removing those bolts because then I need to replace the gasket and once again they show a special tool. Any help would prevent a suicide by multiple blows to the head with a 4lb hammer.
Thanks all.