Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Default RE: please help

I dont think you understood what I was talking about when I said that turbos are and always will be l more efficient than a supercharger. And also my 11 second car also gets my kids to school and me to work everyday with no problems,and all my options like A/C, power windowsand locks and full leather,and I can guaranty that My car handles excelant on more than just straight lines, see I live in an area known as the kettle moraine, it is known for all it hills and twists and turns of the roads and my gsx stays glued to the road tar,
There is no doubt in my mind that companies like capa have these kits worked out ,but what I was saying is that a turbo kit can be built for less money and still be every bit as dependable as a supercharger without compromising your family ride.
I do agree with what you have to say about people and their WRX's, or any vehicle for that matter that because I have met far too many people that do have a nice ride with AWD or thousands stuck into their steering and suspension and think that they are gods gift to the road and the next thing they know they are gods gift to the tree on the side of the road. Their are auto owners. enthusiasts, and then a small percentage of people who can actually drive, no doubt about that at all.
I am also a member of the SCCA and do dabble a little in road racing and am prety good at it not the best just good and constantly improving. no I dont take my gsx to the road coures due to a big turbo with too much lag for the course. I have a 99 saturn sc2 which see's the road courses.

Old 06-20-2005, 06:00 PM

Yes my turbo does have mor lag but it is a GT35r on an eclipse but the 2 people I knowwho have turbo hyundais have virtually no turbo lagOne friend has a t25 from a second gen talon and as soon as he hits the gas the boost starts building fast and make more than plenty low end torque this car easily smoke tires from a stop light, he thinks it might build the boost a little to fast.
Where as my other buddy has a first gen 14b talon turbo on his hyundai and the turbo spools up slightly slower than the t25 which make it more ideal for him and he also make good low end torque with very little lag at all,
So as you can see turbos can be just as rerliable as a supercharger with good low end torque, its all on what size turbo you want to run, and what you are looking to do with the car as far as performance , along with reliability,and any other factors you want to include.
Their are hundreds if not thousands of different turbos for any kind of situation you might have and their is bound to be one for any application out their.

Old 06-21-2005, 09:51 PM

You can also look on Evofusion USA and Kspec. They have parts for most Hyundais, including the Accent and Elantra. Tibbys are fairly easy to find parts for.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:02 PM

Also look at Import Shark. They are largely a Tibby site.

Old 06-23-2005, 01:19 AM

thanks mydartswinger the other hyundai with the t26 is a elantra hatch

Old 08-27-2005, 01:42 PM

Alright, I have been reading all of your posts. Both of you guys make a good point. I am looking for more power from low to high rpm. I have been contimplating selling my tib and buying a EVO. I really like turbo cars. My only problem is the ovious one. A warrenty. I would love to through a turbo in my tib and run someware between 7-9 psi. I think that will do just fine. Right know i have a AEM cai and a 1.8 cam. I like the differance but i need more. My main problem is i am a driver i love to drive and i am very good at it. All my friends have WRX, acura type R, RSX, wrx sti, and i drive there car way better then they can. I do not know what to do hopefully someone can help

Old 08-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Administrator

well, comparing an Evo to a tibby, youre talking about two very very different cars...

Old 08-31-2005, 12:56 PM

I know this, I just wanted to keep my tib for alittle longer. I am going to get a evo, but the question is when. I was hopeing to pump up the tib allitle first then sell it. Any thoughts

Old 10-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Get a turbo, Its fun to feel it kick you in the *** when it spools up. It makes great sound, and its fun to let the turbo sigh when someone is ratting on your ride. A turbo certainly adds a respect level as well as the obvious power gains.

Old 12-06-2005, 06:40 PM

Here at JUNB.L

Hyundai is our bread and butter. Here is our link overseas. You might want to check this site out. Alot of the site is not in english.

Are US site is www.junblusa.com

Are Korea site is www.junbl.com----you'll see more pics of the parts we have to offer on this site..

Quick Reply: please help