Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Boosting radio reception ??

Old 05-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Default Boosting radio reception ??

I just bought an '06 Tuscon - LOVE the car, but hate the radio reception. I just changed from a Chevy Blazer to the Tuscon and while I am quite certain I got into a better vehicle overall, the recption leavesa LOT to be desired

anyone got any way to boost the recption that I don't need to be a car guy to do ?

Thanks

Beth

Old 07-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Default RE: Boosting radio reception ??

I just bought a new 2007 Tucson, and I agree the radiosound qualityis very poor. The stations come in ok, but the sound quality is bad. CDs sound much better. Mine is the "upgraded" factory system with the separate amp and subwoofer under the passenger seat. I plan on having the front door speakers replaced with some high quality Infinity speakers I already have. Hopefully that will improve the sound quality.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Default RE: Boosting radio reception ??

I replaced the front door speakers with Infinity 6002i 2-way speakers. Sound quality better than factory speakers, but still not good on factory radio. It just doesn't have the full rich sound and bottom end. Planning on putting in a mid-line Pioneer headunit. I've had Pioneer units before, and they really allow great sound adjustments.

Any ideas on what it really takes to by-pass the entire factory amp and underseat subwoofer?

The local Circuit City quoted $130.00 for everything. Dash mounting kit, wire harness adapter, rewiring labor, etc.
Does that sound about right?

Any other issues I should be aware of in having this done?

Thanks.