General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

03 Elantra GT Problem Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Default 03 Elantra GT Problem Please Help

Hi there, I have a 03 Hyundai Elantra GT. I need help I was driving today and made a left turn then I heard a noise like pressure being released from somewhere and my right passenger's foot got wet. I think it stopped leaking, I have no idea what it is. The heat and a/c seem to be working fine all the blower speeds work too. The car isn't overheating either. I don't think anything is wrong but I also don't want something to happen while I'm driving next time and there is electrical wire under the dash and I'm afraid everything will short out. someone please help me I'm scared to drive it. thanks

Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 03 Elantra GT Problem Please Help

If your car has less than 60,000 miles, take it to the dealer; you should still have some warranty left.

Assuming it has more than that, a few questions are in order:

1. When you say "wet", was it clear water, or greenish, sweet-smellingcoolant?
2. When you say "right passenger's foot", do you mean the side near the console, or the side near the door?
3. Do you have a sunroof?

If it was just plain water, it is probably nothing too serious that will leave you stranded. If it was coolant, you probably need your heater core replaced.

If it was water and it came in near the door and you have a sunroof, it could be the tubes for the sunroof drain are blocked; otherwise it may be that your drain in the heating/AC air box is blocked (there is a little tube that comes out under the car near the middle; you could try poking something in that to unblock it).

Anyone else have any ideas?

Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM

Hi, yes the car has almost 90K on it. It wasn't antifreeze it was clear and oderless. My passengers right foot got wet closest to the door as far up and right as possible. I do have a sunroof but it wasn't raining or anything and it was a pressureized sound. Hope this helps. Thanks for replyiing so fast.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmmm.... I really think it's sunroof related. There are tubes that run from the corner of the sunroof down the roof pillars and out. You may want to remove some of the trim and see if you can find the tube and make sure it's properly attached. If there was some water trapped up there, and the tube came off, it could have leaked some water out.

But who knows? Maybe something totally unrelated...

Old 10-28-2007, 09:26 AM

i have a problem with my hundai elentra 94 :When i select to drive or to revers the engine vibrates and wants to turn off can you please help me with that.problem.