General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1998 hyundai atoz uk model

Old 09-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Default 1998 hyundai atoz uk model

hi, anyone know how i can remove the washer bottle to change the pump please.
pics would be great as i am not too technical

Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Default RE: 1998 hyundai atoz uk model

hi, anyone know how i can remove the washer bottle to change the pump please.
The Atoz is not sold in the U.S., so most forum members do not have specific technical information available on this model from the usual sources. I'll take a stab at it though.

I'm guessing the filler neck to the windshield washer tank is under the hood on the passenger side next to the fender and it disappears through the fender wall. On most small cars, the tank is mounted in the wheel well between the fender and the plastic fender liner. If this describes your situation, you need to jack the right front of the car up on a jack stand (don't trust a jack by itself) and remove the right front wheel. Look around the inside of the wheel well with a flashlight or trouble light. You should find screws or similar connectors holding the liner in place. Remove all of these and slip the liner out of the well. You should then find the tank bolted to the fender. Remove the wiring connector from the pump, unbolt the tank and it should come out. On some cars (I have a Nissan Sentra like this), the filler neck is two piece and either twist or slips apart from the tank for removal. In the U.S., there are universal replacement pumps available that are fairly easy to install. I hope this helps.

P.S. Silly me, I forgot that UK vehicles are right hand drivers. Regardless of whether the tank is on the left or right, the concept and process is the same.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Default RE: 1998 hyundai atoz uk model

thanks, will look later today.