General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Coupe centre console dim light

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Smile Coupe centre console dim light

Hi Can anyone advise on this or had a simular problem?
I have a 52 plate Coupe on which I changed the CD player sometime ago.
Ever since I installed the CD player the illuminated lights on my torque, mpg and volt gages in the centre of the console have become dim and not as bright even with the dash illuminated turned up to it's highest. This also means the front and rear fog lamp icons no longer illuminate when the dash lights are on.
ALL of the dash illuminations worked fine before I installed this CD player so can anyone advise of a way of checking this as it would be nice to have these dials lit up after dark again. I am guessing the power that runs into the CD player is the same power/cable that uses these 3 dials and fog light switches hence the CD unit maybe too powerful??

Ay advice much appreciated

Thanks all

Old 01-29-2011, 07:04 AM

it's possible the lights and radio run through a series circuit and the resistor switch changes the total resistance of that circuit so it could go through the radio before it gets to the other lights and the radio is drawing all the current cuz it's resistance is different than the factory. It would make sense. be happy it's not a honda then your car wouldnt start