General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help in Minnesota!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Default Help in Minnesota!

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your time in reading this. I recently moved to MN, and my A/C compressor decided to quit. I had a great mechanic in CA, that always quoted me a fair price, but don't know any mechanics here in MN.

I live in Eagan, and am looking for someone who can replace my A/C compressor, for a good price. If I like the work and the shop is reasonably priced I can be a loyal customer. The first quote I got was around $1000, a little steep for me especially since the car has 136,000 miles and I don't know how long I am going to keep her. (That was for a new compressor, a reman. will be fine with me.)

I am basically asking for recommendations to a good shop.

Thank you in advance for your replies. I posed this in another forum, so those who read it there, sorry for the repeat, but I got no replies in a few days, I think most of ther people there were in the UK.

Victor

Old 06-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Help in Minnesota!

I guess the good news is that you're in MN, so at least the AC isn't as necessary. I guess I would start asking anyone and everyone I knew who their mechanic was. The one that gives you the best report on their mechanic- that's the one you try.

As for the part, you might try ebay. I've bought parts there before and no problems yet. lkqonline is a decent ebay store, but they don't have personal service; it seems every email is computer generated. It's a little frustrating while you're trying to get status on an order, but my package came in about a week.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the reply,

Well it is getting pretty damn hot and humid here, was over 100deg a few days ago....

Thanks, I have a lot of experiance on E-bay, I had a store there for a while. I will wait to see what a shop will quote me for a price on a reman.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, good luck.