General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

?'s on 05 Santa Fe

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Default ?'s on 05 Santa Fe

2005 Santa Fe ...How would i go about adjusting the roof rack rail's ..Can't seem to find a way to slide either side . Is there a tool i need to buy ?

Also where would i locate the cabin filter ..I know it's suppose to be behind the glove box but i sure can't find it

Old 05-12-2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by oknaz
2005 Santa Fe ...How would i go about adjusting the roof rack rail's ..Can't seem to find a way to slide either side . Is there a tool i need to buy ?
The couple various I have here in shop, appears lift the release lever, and slide.

Also where would i locate the cabin filter ..I know it's suppose to be behind the glove box but i sure can't find it
You may have to remove the whole dash panel that houses the glove box on some.. some have a cut out in the panel covered by cloth, undo the upper cover portion, remove the old filter in 2 pieces, install new filter in reverse order, some model have a 1 piece filter cover, then filter can be installed whole.
May even be called out in owner manual how to replace the filter

Old 05-13-2010, 02:28 PM

Well far as can tell there isn't a cabin filter inside the housing ...All i could see was a black type sliding cover and seen the heater core but no filter .