General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

scanner no communication with abs module

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Default scanner no communication with abs module

If there is anyone who had a similar experience please help. my 07 elantra has the ABS and brake light on. I connected the snap on scanner and could no establish any communication with the ABS module. I then brought the car to the Hyundai dealer who performed a continuity test and found the module to be burned out. I have since replaced the module however lights remain on and abs does not work, scanner still can not communicate with the abs module. I have checked all fuses, power and ground at the abs module plug is also good. OBD plug has also been checked for good clean connections. I am not sure where to go from here, also does the new abs module need to be flashed to the car's vin or is it plug and play,

thanks.
Matt

Old 11-10-2014, 07:44 AM

This solution may help you .....

Electronic Stability Control is one of the futures controlled by ABS module. It will help vehicle to get stable on the road in conditions like under steering or over steering and not only. If the ESC switch is not pushed to turn the system OFF and the light comes ON on dash during driving the vehicle.This condition indicates a malfunction of this system. The easiest situation could be that your brake light switch is shorted out. It is directly incorporated into this system because is connected to communicate with ABS module and it is one of the most common problems found in Hyundai vehicles. Any kind of diagnostics must be done by Hyundai dealer. Aftermarket locations do not have proper equipment to communicate with ABS module software. It is still under warranty coverage,so take it to your local dealer to fix it under no charge.