'03 Accent PSF capacity - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:24 PM

Question '03 Accent PSF capacity

Anyone know off-hand what the capacity is of the 2003 Accent's power steering fluid loop, reservoir, and pump? I'm going to completely drain the loop and fill it back up to capacity. I'm going to use cheap fluid at first just to flush the old fluid out. I don't suppose it matters whether or not it's specifically meant for Hyundai vehicles, since I'm just using it to flush the system. Once it starts looking clear or without discoloration and debris, I'm going to leave the cheap fluid in for about a week before once again completely draining it and replacing it with full synthetic PSF made specifically for Asian vehicles, replacing it until it stays the color of the new fluid. I'm just going to buy a gallon of the cheap PSF, but I don't know how much I'm going to need for a a system with an exclusively higher quality PSF.