Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

05 Accent 5dr 1.6L

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Default 05 Accent 5dr 1.6L

I have a possessed Accent. Lately my car has been dropping out of 4th gear while driving on the highway. This does not happen all the time. I don't drive the car on weekends normally as I only use it to commute to work. I can usually drive to work the first day no issue, second day I may or may not have issues, by Wednesday I start having the issue on the way home and by Thurday/Friday it happens on the way to work and way home. When this does happen it will not shift back into fourth and when you come to a stop the engine seems to be accelerating from 2nd not first. Turning the engine on and off can reset everything but it usually happens again.
I do have a CEL for a rear O2 sensor but other then that nothing else has shown up. I had it into the dealership and it didn't act up. I had it to Mr. Transmisison and it wouldn't act up. I had the Tranny serviced and the problem is still there.
I have had it suggested to me, and reading forums it makes some sense, that it may be the TPS.
Anyone have a similar problem or heard of the same problem that may have a suggestion where to start?
Thanks

Old 07-18-2010, 01:03 PM

Tps wont put it in limphome. There is a code and its probably in tcm. You might have a pulse generator issue or kickdown servo bore sticking. You mentioned it does it in 4th which could even be the overdrive switch wiring in shifter broken. First get codes checked again and see what codes are in tcm. Start there.