Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

'05 Accent GT Audio Questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Default '05 Accent GT Audio Questions!!

Hello all! This is my first post.
I recently purchased a 2005 Hyundai Accent GT with 34k miles on it. So far, I'm loving it. It's a great looking car that averages about 30mpg. There is only one problem with it - the dreaded tape deck! So, I'm going to buy an aftermarket head unit and maybe even speakers. I'm not looking for a "system" (you know what I'm talking about haha), just great sound quality. Here's what I'm looking at:
stereo - http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...86&tp=5684
all 4 speakers - http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...527&tp=105

Anyway, that's just background info. Here's my questions:

1) How do you remove the factory head unit in this specific model? I have experience with car stereo installation. I've seen differing guides for different models. But, I'd like to make this installation as clean and professional as possible. Which means I want to know exactly what I'm doing beforehand - so I don't break anything. I've heard I'll have to remove the entire dash. I know there are a couple of screws in different places. I've heard it's mostly plastic pop in/out things. Can anyone help me out with specifics on the how and where?

2) According to Crutchfield, the rear speakers are different than the front. When you look at the front speakers compatible with the 05 Accent, there are several 5-1/4" options - including full range and component sets. But, when you look at REAR speakers compatible, there is only one option, and it's a 5-1/4" component set. All the factory speakers are full range, correct? Is this just an error with Crutchfield's website or are the front and rear speakers, in fact, different?

3) When installing the speakers, I've read that it's a bioch to get under the door panel to install the front door speakers. I have manual everything in the door. Any hints or advise on doing this? The rear speakers are fairly easy to get to right?

4) Also, I've read that the factory speakers mount with 3 screws in a right triangle pattern. Most (or all) aftermarket speakers have 4 screw holes in a square pattern. It there a way to get around this without drilling?

I know I had more questions... But I can't remember. Any help would be SO greatly appreciated!

-Scott

Old 10-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Default RE: '05 Accent GT Audio Questions!!

I've purchased more than few stereos from Crutcfields, and their instructions have always been fairly accurate. For specific details about your Accent, try logging onto the Hyundai Service site at:

http://www.hmaservice.com/

The registration is free but can be glitchy. The site is only compatable with Internet Explorer and make sure you download all the required viewers. Once in, all the info you are asking about is under the "Shop" option or tab.