Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Default Upgrades?

Just curious what you all think are the first upgrades for an Accent. I have looked around and can only find a couple of places with things for the Accent. Andy's Auto, Shark Racing....... don't want a turbo yet. Is there really a big difference between the short stacks and the long stacks? Assuming a wall is built to keep the hot air out of the short stack? And where do you find a company selling individual pieces, like 45's, straight pieces in different lengths that sort of thing.

Has anyone installed fog lights in the factory locations with either factory or aftermarket lights? How hard was it?

The first upgrade/modification is going to be a wheel and tire package. Thinking just sticking with 15's or 16's. I need to be able to get over speed bumps and such. And not give up too much in the overall ride of the car.

One other big question, the car does not have a Tach. Are there clusters that have them, and if so do you think I would be able to swap it out?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

2003 Accent 1.6l 3dr. manual.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Upgrades?

The short ram intake with a divider between the filter and header is a little better than a standard CAI. The short ram gives you quicker throttle response in addition to a throaty growl and miniscule horsepower gain, a better choice all around. Fog lights, hmmm..., I havn't installed fog lights on that body style Accent yet and am not sure the size specs. I would say to go aftermarket. Wal-Mart has a ton to choose from, all shapes and sizes, and they come with an installation catalogue. Rims, I would go with the 16's for sure and see if you can get them a little wider, better handling. I ran into the Tach problem with my 95. I found a stock cluster with tach for mine on e-bay. I would check there first. What I did personally was go for a pop cluter up the a-pillar. It looks sporty and I could include other gauges that were overlooked, oil pressure, water temp., fuel temp, etc...

Old 10-29-2005, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the advice.

the short stacks are also a bit cheaper from what I have found. Looks like that is the way I am going to go.

The gage cluster is a good idea. I am not even sure if my cluster was available with a tach, I might have to add a seperate one in. Could put it out on the hood like the old muscle cars!!!!! JK. Where did you find a gage pod for your a-pillar? Or are they all pretty similar?

Thanks for the advice again.

Old 10-30-2005, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

For our Model that type of cosmetic part is hard to find. I havn't looked for that particular year but I would give Andysautosport a look. If no luck there, go to advanced auto or autozone and ask for one. They are available in two pod or three pod. They have all of the fitting gauges on hand so that is not a prob. The pods are universal so you may have to heat it to make it fit, but it is not that hard. Any more tips about that subject, or any other, just let me know.