Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Accent bumpy supention

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Default Accent bumpy supention

Hi all I have a 2010 accent 3 door hach back the right side makes a bumping sound wen you hit even small bumps had it at the dealer for a timeing belt the other day and thay sed it was a crontrol arm link so I replased both and gess what sound still there we chaked everything under the car cant find aneything lose CV boots look good and shafts are nice and tite what the hack can it be its bin doing it sence about 30k had it back to hyundai like 4 times for it back than thay sed thay could not find aneything back than Thanks

Old 12-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Arrow

Is the accent suspension hard road noise and bumpy ride? mine too.. i thought it was the tires or psi..

Old 12-26-2013, 11:37 PM

Its the shocks or struts. I've learned that Hyundai has serious issues with the shocks and struts they use on their vehicles. I've had all four replaced on mine. 2 front struts. 2 rear shocks. The car is a 2012 Accent. The car rode VERY harsh in the front end since the day I drove it off the showroom floor (new.) The rear shocks started making a clunking noise at about 10,000 miles. The dealer replaced them and the clunking stopped. But the front suspension continued to ride extremely harsh. I was finally able to convince the dealer to replace the front struts. The car immediately began riding like a Cadillac in the front. But now, about 15,000 mi later, the harshness has returned. I'm not sure if its the cold weather or the guts are coming apart inside the struts or whatever, but regardless, the ride quality should not change. A guy who works in a Hyundai parts department at a dealership told me that "We see a lot of bad struts and shocks on the Hyundais." I know its true because I've lived with this car for 2 1/2 years.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2012accent
Its the shocks or struts. I've learned that Hyundai has serious issues with the shocks and struts they use on their vehicles. I've had all four replaced on mine. 2 front struts. 2 rear shocks. The car is a 2012 Accent. The car rode VERY harsh in the front end since the day I drove it off the showroom floor (new.) The rear shocks started making a clunking noise at about 10,000 miles. The dealer replaced them and the clunking stopped. But the front suspension continued to ride extremely harsh. I was finally able to convince the dealer to replace the front struts. The car immediately began riding like a Cadillac in the front. But now, about 15,000 mi later, the harshness has returned. I'm not sure if its the cold weather or the guts are coming apart inside the struts or whatever, but regardless, the ride quality should not change. A guy who works in a Hyundai parts department at a dealership told me that "We see a lot of bad struts and shocks on the Hyundais." I know its true because I've lived with this car for 2 1/2 years.
+1

Totally second that. Go and check the shocks. God knows how many times Ive had to replace them!