Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Accent Cold start engine vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Default Accent Cold start engine vibration

Hi there, I wonder if you can help me?.

I have a 2001 Accent Automatic 1.5 CDX 5dr with 43000 miles on the clock. I have fitted LPG at 37000 miles (you have to, with the price of petrol at more than £ 1.00 for a litre here in the UK)The car runs fine on LPG and Petrol and gives great milage with LPG- 60 miles per gallon on the motorway in petrol prices) Over the past twomonths I have noticed that the car is making a strange noise when I start it from cold.

The noise sounds like a vibration or rattle that seems to be coming from either the engine bay or underneath the car.
The noise is moderate in volume and only happens when I start from cold. Starting from warm it does not make the noise. The vibration and noise last only until the engine starts up and typically a second or two and then all is well. The problem is specific during cold start and never appears when the engine is warm.

The engine itself starts fine and runs fine. There has never been a problem in starting the car. The car has recently had a full service so all levels are high. The alternator, Power steering and AC belts were changed during service.

Please could you let me know what this might be?[sm=smiley24.gif]

A friend suggested the noise was coming from the Accessories belt and tensioner but surely this would happen all the time and not just from cold?

I would appreciate any thoughts you may have about what this is.[:-]

Many thanks for your time and help.

Yours sincerely,

Soundaram