Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Accent Troule Areas

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Default Accent Troule Areas

My brother and I are looking at an Accent(99' automatic, 80,000 miles) for his daughter. I noticed on Consumer Reports that they have some transmission reliability issues. Is there anything in particular that tends to be a problem with the transmissions?

Are there any other major issues specific to these cars(besides the obvious things you'd check for on any car) to check for?

Thanks

Old 06-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Default RE: Accent Troule Areas

Get a service history. Make sure timing belt ect has been done.Some accents have had trans issues in those years.Main thing is has the car been serviced regularly?

Old 06-20-2006, 03:23 AM

I have a 95-97 body accent.
The dor handles break off a lot and windshields break.
Also there were recalls b/c of rusty parts but if they dont put salt on the roads where you live dont worry

A lot will depend on the eact car your getting, engine and tranny wise the car is great

Old 07-02-2006, 04:16 PM

With ANY used car at about that age/mileage, the thought of replacing the Automatic Transmission would be at the back of my mind. They all seem to go out at about 100K and that'll set you back a bit. Then again, you could get years of life out of it. If they've got maintainace records, read through them and see how often the transmission was cared for (fluid flushes and stuff). Hope this helps.