Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Audio Problems on a 2013 Accent Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Default Audio Problems on a 2013 Accent Hatch

Some details: this model is the GS trim, so no built in bluetooth, but with built in satellite. My sister, who previously owned the car, installed a Parrrot MKI 9100 for bluetooth, which is a real hunk of junk. It's connected directly to the hyundai's amplifier, and cuts off the head unit when in use. Everything worked fine, with the sattelite radio playing, and the Parrot interrupting as necessary, until I had a full interior detail done on the car 2 days ago. The detailing place is almost certainly not going to be a help. Now, while audio through the parrot plays, but audio from the headunit doesn't. When I stop sending audio through the Parrot, I can hear the little click of the relay, so I believe the Parrot is correctly relinquishing control back to the headunit. Chimes from having the door open work, and, interestingly, the little beep when you save a preset in the headunit is audible.

Things I've tried so far:
Removing the fuse, waiting, reinstalling - this did reset the clock.
Removing the negative contact from the battery, waiting, reinstalling - this did reset the clock, and it's also when I heard the beep from setting the channel.

I'm kind of at a loss - whatever was done must have been accessible from inside the car since it happened after the interior detail, but I'm not sure what it could be. The Parrot is a hunk of junk, and I've been thinking about replacing the headunit and the parrot with one headunit that has bluetooth, but that's expensive and I'm a cheap bastard. If there's a cable somewhere that you think might've gotten unplugged or anything like that, I'd really love to hear your ideas!

Thank you!!

I'm kind of at all

Old 06-28-2020, 01:20 PM

I install these devices at work. They are terrible. Remove the radio and cut all connections going to the parrot and repair the cuts they made to the factory harness. If you need guidance please post pics after you get the radio out. I can help. After it's removed we can diagnose your factory radio problems, or they may be solved just by removing the parrot.