Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

clutch went after only 1800km

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Default clutch went after only 1800km

I bought a new 2008 accent a month ago. Then one day on my way home from work it just went without warning.

The dealership is telling me my warrenty won't cover it, because its due to my driving. I did not even have the engine broken in yet. The car has 1800km only, and I do mostly highway driving.

Now i'm in battle with the dealership over this. I've talked with three other mechanics, and they say what there telling me is imposible. you would have to out of your way to wreck a clutch that soon. Plus the dealership never took the thing apart to inspect it. There assuming its my driving, and trying to nail me with 1500 hundred bucks.

I will never deal with Hyundai again after this disgusting experience.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Default RE: clutch went after only 1800km

i'd believe they say that. i'm having problems with the dealerships as well. have you called hyundai customer service? not sure what good it would do, but maybe they agree with you and advise you to go to another dealership for a second opinion??

Old 05-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Default RE: clutch went after only 1800km

Any and all experiences I have had with the Hyundai dealership have been terrible! From raising the bill after they quoted a price, to breaking things and wanting me to foot the bill, to claiming that I needed parts that were unnecessary….and so much more. Words can not explain the horror I have been subjected to at the dealership. I suggest you take it ANYWHERE else and have them take a look at it, or do what I did and on a busy day park it in front of the dealership when it is broken (clunking and grinding*)
*I understand that they are not all bad and that they employ lots of hard working people, but that does not make my experiences any better.
**After having my car for days the dealer said it was fine and they could not find anything wrong with it (and charged me $90 for looking), so when I picked it up and drove .5 miles and it started making the god awful noise again I drove it back and parked it in front of the busy dealership and left it running, then I went in and had a cup of coffee before being greeted by the service employee. It was great heads were turning looking for what was making the awful noise!