Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Convert to Power Locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 01:53 AM
Default Convert to Power Locks

I just bought a 2005 Accent 4 door. I'm interested in installing a power lock kit for the 2 front doors. Anyone have experience/advice in this area? I'm interested in hardware, cost and who (like Circuit City) could install it.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Default RE: Convert to Power Locks

I just finished installing a door lock kit with an alarm in my 3dr. Very simple. I purchased the actuators from Circuit City and the relays and switches at an auto parts store.

I have only one switch in the car(center console), with the two relays under the dash. The hardest part of the install was getting the wires to the actuators, the little rubber boots connecting the door to the chassis are a little tough to get the wires in. Other than that is was just a matter of hooking the wires to the right terminals on the relays. The whole job took about half a day of work. Most of that was pulling panels and putting them back in.

If you have more questions or need a schematic, let me know. I could scan it and send it to you. I was very pleased the way it worked out. And if you ever decide to put an alarm in, a piece of cake to tie the two in.

Old 11-28-2005, 07:15 PM

Is the door lock/unlock mechanism a rod or a cable? I read that if it is a cable type system then the install could be very difficult and costly. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 11-28-2005, 08:03 PM

I purchased three "piggyback" actuators. Once mounted, you bend the rod that comes with them to run parallel with the existing rod. Screw down the clamp and that is it. If you realize it works backwards, switch the wires. There are only two wires to the actuator, thus the only trick with needing the relays. But even that is simple "this wire here and that wire there".

Let me see if I can get the part numbers for the actuators, but I would imagine that Best Buy would have just about the same thing nomatter what store.