Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Front Brake calipers 2007 Hyundai Accent

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 02:19 PM
Default Front Brake calipers 2007 Hyundai Accent

Hello everyone.

I'm replacing both of the front brake calipers on my son's 2007 Hyundai Accent GS hatchback. The parts have been acquired but I can't find anything relevant to installing them. Especially what is concerning me the most is the required torque for the bolts on the new caliper. My son has tried searching Google but he cannot find anything relevant (the results come back as anything from a 1997 Accent, a 2010-2018 Accent or a Santa Fe).

Can anyone offer any help with this? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:30 PM

Please don't get involved in replacing calipers until you read up on how to get all the air out of the system.
If any air gets into the ABS controls you may need a scan tool to operate the feed and dump valves in the ABS module.
If you are familiar with all this , just look at it as a reminder.
If air gets trapped in there and you cannot get it out, you could have a problem obtaining a solid brake pedal.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:21 PM

I appreciate the heads-up. Thank you.

There doesn't seem to be any electronics that would indicate an ABS braking system. Does it come off of the master cylinder?
I did a little bit of research, and the ABS with EBT doesn't seem to have been offered on the 3-door coupe (or at least not standard issue). We're working without a service manual which doesn't make things any easier. Furthermore, are there any specific instructions for bleeding the brakes?
We looked under the hood and it's just a regular master cylinder (diaphragm) and booster, we can't see any indication of an ABS system (large silver block) and there does not seem to be a sensor on the front wheels which an ABS-equipped vehicle would typically have.

I'd appreciate any insight on this as I want to make sure we do this job properly. If anyone has a PDF copy of the service manual for a 2007 Hyundai Accent GS and could share it here, that would be great - or perhaps just the pages regarding the braking system.

This is one of the sources I found regarding the models fitted/not fitted with ABS brakes.
https://www.newcartestdrive.com/revi...yundai-accent/

Old 05-18-2021, 08:00 PM
Question

Just a small update. Upon looking at the vehicle again we have found what appears to be a toothed ring and sensor on the front passenger side (with nothing on the driver side), but we can't figure out where the ABS module would be if it is fitted with ABS. It is certainly not located by the brake booster or the master cylinder as we've looked - what we thought could be an ABS module turned out to be the engine control module.

The vehicle is a 2007 Hyundai Accent GS Hatchback (three door coupe)