Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Heater Controls

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Default Heater Controls

Hi guy's

I just pulled apart the dash for my partners 2000 Accent - her heater wasnt working, and wasunable to change vents (for example, from feet vents to demister).

I took aoart the cover under the steering wheel and the dash facia, and noticed the rods from the turn ***** were almost like opposites - the temperature **** was hanging the direction and visa versa - however the rod connected to the direction **** was getting sticky.

Any ideas on how to get this to normal again. When cold and a/c on, its very efficient, same for the heat.

Cheers.

-- since posting this on another forum, I have had another play with it - I reversed the cables for the Temp control and Vent control with the controls behind the dash.. this now works, the temperature is controlled well, and the vents are controlled well - however the TEMP conrol isnt aligned with waht is displayed, it's "two over" for example, if the dial is sitting at "12 o clock", the demister is on, if its at 10-11 o clock, the demister/feet are on..

There is no more play in the cable, or the control behind the dash, and you cannot phyisically move the control to the "face" or "feet and face" vents