Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Yea for Hyundai QC

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Default Yea for Hyundai QC

I just bought my Accent Saturday. 2008 GS Only has 400 miles on it today. Got it home and was checking everything out. Folded the back seats down to see how much space I have. Put the seats back up to the normal position only to find the left rear seat would not latch into place. Set an appointment with my selling dealer for today. I go, they get me a rental. Call me up later saying it is ready. Cool. I get there and they tell me "It wasn't latching cause Hyundai forgot to put the latch in it." Way to go Quility Control.

Anybody else have a similar situation?

Old 03-17-2009, 03:10 AM

Nope, but I've noticed I have to reach in and move the shoulder belts out of the way, and THEN pull the seats up, or they won't latch in place. the belt ends up covering the latch so th seat won't click into it. it's rather akward to do.

so I just leave my seats down 99% of the time

Old 03-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 70Cuda383
Nope, but I've noticed I have to reach in and move the shoulder belts out of the way, and THEN pull the seats up, or they won't latch in place. the belt ends up covering the latch so th seat won't click into it. it's rather akward to do.

Take a closer look at the side panels near the rear seatbelts. Most cars have little clips that hold the belts out of the way so they don't block the seat from latching. I know my Tiburon did, my Tucson does and so does my Sedona.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Banned

Yeah, but at least they fixed it for free. Try doing that with a Volkswagen and see if you don't get charged for it.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by 70Cuda383

I have the same problem. Pisses me off sometimes.

Originally Posted by NovaResource
Take a closer look at the side panels near the rear seatbelts. Most cars have little clips that hold the belts out of the way so they don't block the seat from latching. I know my Tiburon did, my Tucson does and so does my Sedona.
They didnt put those in the Accent. Wish they did. I think I am gonna make my own.