Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Question help

hello everyone

i have accent 2004 GT 1.6L (( 3doors )) , the car is good so far but when i applied the routine service i couldn't locate the fuel filter

does anyone know where it is located ? or any website providing the parts in a dialog??

thanks ^ ^

Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

The fuel filter is in the gas tank with the pump. Change it every 100k miles.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
The fuel filter is in the gas tank with the pump. Change it every 100k miles.

thank you so much .. wish you the best ^ ^

Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 AM

Hey Goldeneye, I had the same problem finding the filter on my '02 Accent, a 3-door HB. On my car, the filter sits on top of the gas tank. To get to it, you have to remove the rear passenger seat. It sounds daunting, but it's really pretty simple. Four bolts hold it in ... two on the floor, two in the trunk, and it easily lifts out. Once you remove it, you'll see a plate that's adhered to the aluminum deck. Pry it off, and the fuel filter is right there. The filter is a piece of cake to change. Again, it sounds difficult, but it's really a pretty simple job and goes much quicker than you would think. Good luck! My Accent has 188,000 miles on it, no major repairs.