Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Hyundai accent 1.4 2006 shutdown heen take turn

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 01:35 AM
Default Hyundai accent 1.4 2006 shutdown heen take turn

Hi

hyundai accent 1.4 from 2006 motor gfee

The enigine stops running , only When we take a turn.We slow down , we tap the clutch and then it happens.
This does not occur when we are driving normal or taking a fast turn.
Also i have the feeling When the car is still and i want to drive forward i have to give alittle more gas to keep the enigine running.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:52 AM

I wonder if your engine needs a tune up. If you answer some questions we can make some recommendations.
How many miles or km are on the car?
How many miles or km ago have the following things been done?
New spark plugs.
New air filter.
Oil change.

Let's start with that.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:56 AM

Hi
Its now 20000km ago and 1.5 years.

thanks for your help.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:58 AM

That is not too long ago. I hope you got the proper spark plugs put in.

Is the Check Engine Light on? If so please have it scanned and give us the codes.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:55 AM

Hi

I went with my car to the garage again
they replaced the sparkplugs and there were no fault codes in the computer.
still sometimes the same thing happens........

Old 12-18-2018, 04:58 AM

Im afraid to drive in the car because it always happens when im slowing down , tapping the clutch and making a turn.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:06 PM

Tapping the clutch? ---the clutch pedal must be pushed all the way to the floor every time you want to shift.

I am not sure if I can help you further. I would need to drive myself and repeat the event so I can feel what the car does.

There are some things a mechanic could look at: Is the clutch in good condition? Is the pedal free play correct? Is the power steering in good shape? Is the safety switch at the clutch working properly? Is there an electrical wire that get moved about when steering?

See if your mechanic can recreate the problem or ask him to drive with you and you make it happen again. Sometimes it is a really small thing.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:36 AM

Can we get a little more info?
Does the engine want to quit any time other than when you tap the clutch?
Does it happen when you turn left and right or only in one direction?
Do you know if anyone has checked under the hood to see if the clutch pedal is contacting any wires?

Just from what you have stated in past posts, I am suspecting there is a poor ground connection from the battery negative post/cable terminal to the sheet metal of the vehicle that when you move the clutch pedal that ground connection is lost
.It is not difficult to look for and clean and tighten all the ground wires and connections that come from the battery negative post to the sheet metal of the vehicle. They can't be checked by just looking at them and assuming they are OK. They need to be removed, cleaned and reinstalled to be done right.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:13 AM

Hi

thanks for your help.
Im pushing the clutch all the way , and it sometimes happens , but just know when i was driving 40 and then rolling in free to the traffic light the enigine stopped.
Its always stationary about 800 , but sometimes of goes down to 600 and stays there and When i want to switch info first gear i have to give more gas otherwise the enigine stops.
When my mecanic drives the car it never happens
thanks for your help

Old 12-19-2018, 10:35 AM

800 , but sometimes of goes down to 600 and stays there and When i want to switch info first gear i have to give more gas otherwise the enigine stops.
That's a good description. Generally it is called rough idle.

Maybe the idle air control valve needs cleaning or replacement. These things are expensive. That's why I would try cleaning with carburetor cleaner of MAF sensor cleaner first.

I like hanky's idea of cleaning all ground contacts to sheet metal to make sure the current can complete the loop back to the battery negative post.
I would also have the alternator checked. A wonky alternator can cause very strange things including what happens in your car.

Go from cheap to not so cheap.

Quick Reply: Hyundai accent 1.4 2006 shutdown heen take turn