Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Accent (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/)
-   -   Hyundai Accent reliability (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/hyundai-accent-reliability-3942/)

mkaresh 03-03-2008 12:36 PM

Hyundai Accent reliability

Because existing sources of auto reliability information left much to be desired, in late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research at TrueDelta.com. TrueDelta reports absolute stats like "trips to the shop" that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so any significant changes in a model's reliability become apparent quickly.

We've been providing results for some Hyundai models for over a year now, and will also include the Accent as soon as enough owners sign up to participate.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members receive full access to the results for free.

For the details, and to help get your model year of the Accent included:

Vehicle reliability research

litesong 03-03-2008 10:42 PM

RE: Hyundai Accent reliability

Michael Karesh is a fine statistician. I've given Michael Karesh data from my Dodge Caliber for about 1 year. & my reward has been good vehicle reliability AND gas MPGdata onmany Calibercars under many conditions. Recently, I've given him data on my wife's 2008 Hyundai Accent. However, to make the data viable, he needs more owners to send him repair data on all years of the Accent. I encourage everyone who owns any yearAccent to sendMr. Karesh data. Once enough car repair data is sent him, Mr. Karesh can publish data on the Accent. But he really needs you....anyAccent with any repair data, good& bad.

mkaresh 03-31-2008 11:19 AM

Thanks for the support, litesong. It seems to have helped. There are now 23 2007s signed up, and assuming at least two more will arrive soon I've added that year to the survey.

Other years aren't there yet. Hopefully soon.

To help get your model year included:

litesong 04-28-2008 11:14 AM

Come on folks. If you want good reliability data, here is the opportunity to have direct, positive results.Add enough of your data toMichael's Accent datato make statisticlypublishable information available now. I'm curious as I can be to see Michael's Accent reliability data.

mkaresh 07-17-2008 01:24 PM

Thanks, litesong.

We're current just a couple responses short of being able to post a result for the 2007 in August.

For other years we also need more participants.

zero_gravity 11-07-2008 07:47 AM

i wasnt too impressed with the site, it allows you to put in anything. if you look some people are including general maintenance like oil changes while others are only including repairs - kind of skews the results.

mkaresh 11-08-2008 11:39 AM

You've misunderstood the analysis--easy to do unless you read all of the text.

The Repair History pages display the results of two separate surveys, the Vehicle Reliability Survey and the Vehicle Repair History Survey. The analysis that yields the repair trips per year results only includes data from the former survey. The latter survey is for anything people want to post, but that can't be posted using the Vehicle Reliability Survey.

Bottom line: oil changes and such are shown, but are not included in the analysis. Every single repair is screened before being included in the analysis.

mkaresh 06-19-2009 09:03 AM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through March. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 32, better than average

2007: 34, better than average

Sample sizes are small in both cases.

A big thanks to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Hyundai Accent reliability comparisons

mkaresh 09-22-2009 12:57 PM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through June 2009. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 39

2007: 60

Both are about average, though the 2008 result is close to "better than average."

Sample sizes are small in both cases.

A big thanks, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

mkaresh 10-26-2009 11:17 AM

169 Hyundai Accent owners (plus another 53 for the Kia Rio) now signed up. A good start, but more are needed to provide precise results for all model years.

Car reliability research

litesong 11-09-2009 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by mkaresh (Post 25163)
169 Hyundai Accent owners (plus another 53 for the Kia Rio) now signed up. A good start, but more are needed to provide precise results for all model years.

Car reliability research

Hi Michael.........

My given email address for truedelta.com has been discontinued, I lost all my email & have no way to find my truedelta number.

I would like to rejoin truedelta.com, but I still want to use my internet name, litesong. I'm sure truedelta will not let me use, litesong, because technically litesong is used already in my account that I can't access.

Might you be able to send my number to my new email address, litesong2@verizon.net ?

Bousexemo 11-28-2009 07:25 AM

Hyundai Accent reliability

do you all think that the genisis will have resale valuse in jamaica or in america or will it just suffer the fate of its name. hyundai and die

mkaresh 12-03-2009 11:22 AM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through September 30, 2009. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 26

2007: 23

Both are now better than average. Sample sizes are small in both cases.

A big thanks, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

mkaresh 02-10-2010 10:41 AM

182 Accent owners now signed up. A good start, but more are needed to provide precise results for all model years.

Not yet signed up? Help get your year included:

Car reliability research

mkaresh 03-19-2010 09:16 AM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through December 31, 2009. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 42, about average

2007: 21, better than average

Sample sizes are small in both cases, which probably explains the difference between the two results.

A big thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

mkaresh 04-21-2010 11:27 AM

Recently enhanced the related repair history survey so that it can (optionally) be used as a personal car maintenance record for cars 2000 MY and newer.

As always, more participants would be helpful. Updated Car Reliability Survey results in May.

Car reliability research

mkaresh 05-26-2010 01:07 PM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through March 31, 2010. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 31, better than average

2007: 49, about average

Sample sizes are small in both cases, though the 2008 was only four cars short of the minimum for a full result.

A big thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

mkaresh 09-23-2010 12:22 PM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through June 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the more recent months until the summer or even fall of next year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2009: 18, better than average

2008: 21, better than average

2007: 59, about average

Sample sizes are small in all three cases.

Thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

mkaresh 12-19-2010 11:36 AM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through September 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of next year.

2009: 15, better than average

2008: 27, better than average

2007: 69, about average

Thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Hyundai Accent reliability ratings and comparisons

mkaresh 02-27-2011 10:25 AM

We have some new pages that display all reported repairs by problem area:

2007 Hyundai Accent problem reports

From this page it's possible to select a different model year or specify a problem area.

mkaresh 05-09-2011 10:59 AM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through December 31, 2010.

2009: 12, better than average

2008: 29, better than average

2007: 102, worse than average

We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh 08-22-2011 09:52 AM

We have updated our car reliability stats for the Hyundai Accent to include owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

2009: 32, better than average

2008: 52, about average

2007: 74, about average

We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh 12-27-2011 01:56 PM

We have updated our reliability stats for the Accent (on our redesigned site) to include owner experiences through September 30, 2011.

2010: 25, better than average

2009: 36, better than average

2008: 69, about average

2007: 58, about average

Thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

mkaresh 05-18-2012 02:17 PM

We have updated our reliability stats for the Accent to include owner experiences through December 31, 2011.

2010: 25, better than average

2009: 36, better than average

2008: 69, about average

2007: 23, better than average

Sample sizes are small in all four cases, which might explain why the 2008 is higher than the others.

We'll have further updates later this month and in August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

mkaresh 11-18-2012 11:13 AM

We have updated our reliability stats for the Accent to include owner experiences through June 30, 2012.

2012: 20, better than average

2010: 11, better than average

2009: 29, better than average

2008: 38, better than average

2007: 35, better than average

2002: 50, better than average

Small sample sizes for all but the 2012.

We'll have further updates in late November and February. We'd love to provide more precise stats and cover more model years--just a matter of getting more owners involved.

mkaresh 02-14-2013 09:57 AM

We have updated our reliability stats for the Accent to include owner experiences through September 30, 2012.

2012: 15, better than average

2010: 20, better than average

2009: 8, better than average

2008: 34, better than average

2007: 38, better than average

2002: 64, better than average

Small sample sizes for all but the 2012.

We'll have further updates later this month and in May. We'd love to provide more precise stats and cover more model years--just a matter of getting more owners involved!

mkaresh 07-10-2013 11:44 AM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Accent to include owner experiences through March 31, 2013.

2012 Accent: 17, low
2010 Accent: 11, low, very small sample size
2009 Accent: 11, low, very small sample size
2008 Accent: 54, moderate, small sample size
2007 Accent: 29, low, very small sample size
2002 Accent: 87, moderate, very small sample size

We'll have further updates in August and in November. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the details, including the descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Ben Johnson 08-03-2013 08:49 AM

can't get link to open

As a new-to-me owner of an '02 Accent, I'd love to participate. However, I can't seem to get the link (thru viglink.com) to open up. Maybe it's the storm outside, but will try again later. Just thought I'd ask if there is a better link.

mkaresh 08-06-2013 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ben Johnson (Post 46401)
As a new-to-me owner of an '02 Accent, I'd love to participate. However, I can't seem to get the link (thru viglink.com) to open up. Maybe it's the storm outside, but will try again later. Just thought I'd ask if there is a better link.

I'm not familiar with vigilink. If you simply go to the site there's a link for joining at the top right of ever page.

mkaresh 10-01-2013 03:04 PM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Accent to include owner experiences through June 30, 2013. (Another source is about 14 months behind.)

2013 Accent: 13, low, very small sample size
2012 Accent: 8, low
2010 Accent: 13, low, very small sample size
2009 Accent: 0, low, small sample size
2008 Accent: 37, low, small sample size
2007 Accent: 29, low, very small sample size

We'll have further updates in November and February.

To view competitors' scores and descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help:

mkaresh 01-27-2014 12:31 PM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Accent to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

2013 Accent: 13, low, very small sample size
2012 Accent: 5, low
2009 Accent: 0, low, small sample size
2008 Accent: 28, low, small sample size
2007 Accent: 28, low, very small sample size
2002 Accent: 88, moderate, very small sample size

We'll have further updates in February and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

mkaresh 07-25-2014 11:12 AM

Our reliability stats for the Accent now include owner experiences through March 31, 2014, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

2013 Accent: 11, low, very small sample size
2012 Accent: 19, low, small sample size
2010 Accent: 0, low, very small sample size
2009 Accent: 33, low, small sample size
2008 Accent: 0, low, small sample size
2007 Accent: 76, moderate, very small sample size
2006 Accent: 71, moderate, very small sample size

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh 10-29-2014 11:53 AM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Accent to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014.

2013 Accent: 11, low, very small sample size
2012 Accent: 18, low, small sample size
2009 Accent: 45, moderate, small sample size
2008 Accent: 8, low, small sample size
2007 Accent: 61, moderate, very small sample size
2006 Accent: 55, low, very small sample size

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh 01-11-2015 02:38 PM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Accent to include owner experiences through September 30, 2014.

2013 Accent: 10, low, very small sample size
2012 Accent: 25, low, small sample size
2009 Accent: 70, moderate, small sample size
2008 Accent: 17, low, small sample size
2007 Accent: 72, moderate, very small sample size

Additional participants would be very helpful. (I'd love to be able to drop the disclaimers and cover all model years.)

To view the repairs behind these numbers, check the stats for other cars, and sign up to help improve this information (next update in February):

mkaresh 02-26-2016 10:25 AM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Accent to include owner experiences through September 30, 2015. Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2013 Accent: 19, low, very small sample size
2012 Accent: 41, moderate, small sample size
2009 Accent: 80, moderate, small sample size
2008 Accent: 61, moderate, small sample size
2007 Accent: 54, low, very small sample size

Additional participants are needed to provide precise stats for all model years.

For the details, including repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information: