Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Hyundai Accent reliability

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Default Hyundai Accent reliability

Because existing sources of auto reliability information left much to be desired, in late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research at TrueDelta.com. TrueDelta reports absolute stats like "trips to the shop" that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so any significant changes in a model's reliability become apparent quickly.

We've been providing results for some Hyundai models for over a year now, and will also include the Accent as soon as enough owners sign up to participate.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members receive full access to the results for free.

For the details, and to help get your model year of the Accent included:

Vehicle reliability research

Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Default RE: Hyundai Accent reliability

Michael Karesh is a fine statistician. I've given Michael Karesh data from my Dodge Caliber for about 1 year. & my reward has been good vehicle reliability AND gas MPGdata onmany Calibercars under many conditions. Recently, I've given him data on my wife's 2008 Hyundai Accent. However, to make the data viable, he needs more owners to send him repair data on all years of the Accent. I encourage everyone who owns any yearAccent to sendMr. Karesh data. Once enough car repair data is sent him, Mr. Karesh can publish data on the Accent. But he really needs you....anyAccent with any repair data, good& bad.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the support, litesong. It seems to have helped. There are now 23 2007s signed up, and assuming at least two more will arrive soon I've added that year to the survey.

Other years aren't there yet. Hopefully soon.

To help get your model year included:

Old 04-28-2008, 11:14 AM

Come on folks. If you want good reliability data, here is the opportunity to have direct, positive results.Add enough of your data toMichael's Accent datato make statisticlypublishable information available now. I'm curious as I can be to see Michael's Accent reliability data.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:24 PM

Thanks, litesong.

We're current just a couple responses short of being able to post a result for the 2007 in August.

For other years we also need more participants.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Banned

i wasnt too impressed with the site, it allows you to put in anything. if you look some people are including general maintenance like oil changes while others are only including repairs - kind of skews the results.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 AM

You've misunderstood the analysis--easy to do unless you read all of the text.

The Repair History pages display the results of two separate surveys, the Vehicle Reliability Survey and the Vehicle Repair History Survey. The analysis that yields the repair trips per year results only includes data from the former survey. The latter survey is for anything people want to post, but that can't be posted using the Vehicle Reliability Survey.

Bottom line: oil changes and such are shown, but are not included in the analysis. Every single repair is screened before being included in the analysis.

Last edited by mkaresh; 08-20-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:03 AM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through March. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 32, better than average

2007: 34, better than average

Sample sizes are small in both cases.

A big thanks to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Hyundai Accent reliability comparisons

Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 PM

We have updated results for the Accent to include owner experiences through June 2009. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 39

2007: 60

Both are about average, though the 2008 result is close to "better than average."

Sample sizes are small in both cases.

A big thanks, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Hyundai Accent reliability comparisons

Old 10-26-2009, 11:17 AM

169 Hyundai Accent owners (plus another 53 for the Kia Rio) now signed up. A good start, but more are needed to provide precise results for all model years.

Car reliability research

Quick Reply: Hyundai Accent reliability