Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

I like the cold air intake!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Default I like the cold air intake!

Actually it's NOT a COLD air intake, cause the filter is right there under the hood with all the heat. BUT, it IS way more free folowing than the stock setup and I can feel more power and torque! $300 is kinda pricey, but it fit perfectly and looks very cool!! It IS loud though, but I like that!

Rob

Old 12-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I like the cold air intake!

It's known as an SRI (Short Ram Intake).

Old 12-16-2008, 07:26 PM

Gotcha! Anyway it's cool!

Old 01-25-2009, 09:53 PM

i have a 1996 accent 1.5 and i have a cold air intake but im not sure what to do with the sensor on the stock air box since i would have to eliminate the box with my new intake setup what should i do with the sensor since i have no place to plug in and i dont want the check engine light to come on let me kno thanks...

Old 01-26-2009, 12:46 AM

ORIGINAL: 1996 accent

i have a 1996 accent 1.5 and i have a cold air intake but im not sure what to do with the sensor on the stock air box since i would have to eliminate the box with my new intake setup what should i do with the sensor since i have no place to plug in and i dont want the check engine light to come on let me kno thanks...
You must mean themass air sensor? uNEED it. it shoud be screwed into the air box, most usually screw in like an 02 sensor or spark plug. u can drill a hole in the cold air tube, tap it, and screw in your sensor. if it'sNOT ascrew in type, u will have to rig some way to do it. stay back a little from the air filter though. If u get too much turbulant air at the sensor, it will throw off the readings to the computerand the car wont run right. Had that problem on my Vett!
Good luck!!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 AM

not the mass air flow sensor that is beofre the air box there is one on the air box is that the one you are talking about?

Old 01-26-2009, 05:01 PM

not the mass air flow sensor that is beofre the air box there is one on the air box is that the one you are talking about?
so u have 2 sensors?Then ur maf is closer to the thottle body? I would still keep the other sensor to have ur motor running properly. Its there for a reason. It IS on the "clean air" side of the air box, correct?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Which 1.5? The SOHC or the DOHC?

Which sensor?
DOHC:

SOHC:

Old 01-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bigrob

You must mean themass air sensor? uNEED it. it shoud be screwed into the air box, most usually screw in like an 02 sensor or spark plug. u can drill a hole in the cold air tube, tap it, and screw in your sensor. if it'sNOT ascrew in type, u will have to rig some way to do it. stay back a little from the air filter though. If u get too much turbulant air at the sensor, it will throw off the readings to the computerand the car wont run right. Had that problem on my Vett!
Good luck!!

so u have 2 sensors?Then ur maf is closer to the thottle body? I would still keep the other sensor to have ur motor running properly. Its there for a reason. It IS on the "clean air" side of the air box, correct?
I don't believe he has a MAF. I believe both 1.5L enginesuse MAP not MAF. The sensor he's talking about is probably the air temp sensor. That usually what is in the air box.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:16 PM

That sounds accurate Nova! He may be able to get away not using the temp sensor, but I would probably try ro get it in the air tube anyway

Quick Reply: I like the cold air intake!