Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

New member and Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Default New member and Electrical problem

Hello,
Im new to the forum, I just bought a 99 Accent 4-door coup 2 days ago and like the car so far. Im not to familiar with it yet. It has 92000 miles and is in great mechanical shape.
I just have one problem with the cluster. Everything worked when I bought it, and I replaced the stock stereo when I got it. I did everything correctly to my knowlege (disconnect the batter, used a wiring harness to connect it, ect.) The stereo works perfectly, but now the cluster lights wont turn on except for the dummy lights. Also, when I turn on the turn indicators, the rmp guage will drop to 0 and back up in time with the turn signals. The heat guage does this as well except it will jump to hot then back down. So my guess is that somehow I shorted something, but I've checked every fuse and they were all fine. One more thing, the green turn arrow lights will barely light up, and when I unplug one fuse to the cluster, they will light up normally. Any ideas before I take it to a shop to have them figure it out? Thanks for any advice.