Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Default noise

Hi Guys I am a newbie so please be gentle. I have just bought a 2006 Accent to use for work and only really got to drive over the previous couple of days. I am happy with the car but have notice a really annoying noise that happens between the speeds of 80 to 100 km. It is hard to describe a noise but it is coming from the back of the car and since the highway speed is 100 over here the noise is driving me insane, when I hit these roads; and to be honest it’s a bit of a concern. Now back to describing the noise. Its repetitive like it’s a high spot on a bearing, but I cannot imagine it being a bearing with only 34,000 km on the car, and it correlates with the speed quicker at 100 than it is at 80. Any ideas so I can fix the problem and then I can be thoroughly satisfied with my new car. Cheers Claxers

Old 01-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Default RE: noise

IF THE NOISE VARIES WITH SPEED IT COULD BE A HUB BEARING(BABIES ARE BORN DEAD) OR TIRE ISSUE. TRY ROTATING THE TIRES TO THE FRONT AND SEE IF THE NOISE MOVE. THAT WILL NARROW IT DOWN.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:13 AM

Hi Madindian1 thanks for your reply. Just rotated all the tyres around tonight so I will see how it goes over the weekend. Noticed today that when the rear seats are full of passengers the noise is worse than empty rear seats. I hope as you suggest that its not a bearing otherwise it will be going straight back to the dealer. Anyway thanks again for the info[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]Cheers claxers.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:18 AM

no problem