Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Is a Remote start and keyless entry a good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:29 PM
Default Is a Remote start and keyless entry a good idea?

Hey everyone

I have a 2013 Hyundai Accent Se Hatchback, and I lost my key fob, I tried to purchase a new one, but its way too expensive through the dealership and I already had a bad experience purchasing one online. I have an employee discount through Best buy and its way cheaper to install one thanks to my Best buy discount than getting a key fob replacement. I was looking at the Viper 4105v remote start and keyless entry, but I've read different opinions about remote starts, some people say its a very bad idea because it could damage my car and some people say its a great investment. is Remote start bad for your car? Any advice would be appreciate it!

Now for those of you who think the remote start is a bad idea, do you think I should just go for the Viper 3105V Security & Keyless entry? and just not mess with adding remote start to my car? Thanks.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:30 PM

You did not mention if your original key FOB did a remote start or keyless entry??
If it did then those might need to be removed first??

I have wanted to install a remote start and keyless entry on my old Elantra 2001.
Winters in the Northeast.
Anyway, I decided against it cause if it isn't done right or even if it is .. when something goes wrong, the mechanic always blames the aftermarket stuff.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by avisitor
You did not mention if your original key FOB did a remote start or keyless entry??
If it did then those might need to be removed first??

I have wanted to install a remote start and keyless entry on my old Elantra 2001.
Winters in the Northeast.
Anyway, I decided against it cause if it isn't done right or even if it is .. when something goes wrong, the mechanic always blames the aftermarket stuff.
Hi

thanks for your response. My original Key fob did not do remote start, only keyless entry.

I've heard mentioned this that's why I'm afraid to have someone install the remote start. Do you think I should just do the Security (alarm) and the keyless entry just to stay on the safe side.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:42 PM

No, I would say to do what makes you happy.
Get the remote start and keyless entry.
Just be aware of them if a problem should come up in the future.