Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Replace Front and Rear speakers on Accent 08 4DR

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Question Replace Front and Rear speakers on Accent 08 4DR

Hi. I just bought some new speakers for my Accent 08 4DR. I found a few guides to remove the front door pannel to have access to the front speakers but I haven't tried it yet. But for the rear speakers I can't find anything telling me how? I guess I have to remove the trim but a How to guide would be nice. Anyone got a link? Thx

Old 06-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Default Got it..

OK no link and no pictures.. but here's the way I did it. It should go smoothly enough.. I saw there were a lot if views but no answers on the post. For the front speakers there is a good guide on another post so I suggest you to look for it. The fun starts with the rear speakers. I would say.. pay someone else to do it, but if you really want to know... First thing you should know, don't do it alone. You'll need few different size star screw drivers(long ones as possible) and a ratchet kit (if I remember correctly). Start by dropping your rear benches, you should see 4 screws to remove the benches. Go in the trunk and unplug the rear window brake-light and take out the 2 screws.. They might get tricky to see, a flashlight could be nice. After that, give it all you've got to remove the light. It's a bit tricky because you're in a bad position to pull it. After removing the light you might want to take a beer brake if not already done. Now, remove belt covers. You should see 5 or 6 plastic pins where your seats were. Remove them gently. Remove the plastic cover, there's a screw one each side at the bottom of the cover. Be careful not to brake you covers, there 3 or 4 clips on each side, so you might want to curve it a little and unclip them with longnose pryers. At this point your partner should be really bored but now it's time for him to help you. Get in the trunk and unclip the rear window carpet. Now it's time for both of you to find the optimal strength to use to pull the carpet. It's really easy to break so be careful. So twist it, pull, shout a few swears, do what you got to do to take it out. You'll finally see your speakers. Btw.. putting the carpet back is not easier than pulling it out. I hope it will help you!

Old 07-04-2009, 09:35 AM

Yes...I have been replace my accent rear speaker too....and it was difficult..and need extra pair hand to remove the carpet clips from inside the trunk.....