Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

Aftermarket sound systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Default RE: Aftermarket sound systems

yea sorry the amp is 600 x2 lol
i kno for a fact its not the wiring harness because one my friends (which is actually good with systems) checked it out and said everything is ok.
im hoping its the fuse thats missing im going to buy one today a 5 and a 10 just incase. im pretty sure its a 5 amp but id rather make one trip then two to the store.
thanks once again.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:48 AM

600 x 2 RMS!!!! That must be at 2 ohms, right? You're gonna have hella bump comin from ya trunk playa!!!

I'm hoping for your sake it's the missing fuse, however...if you put a fuse in and it still doesn't work...it's the harness. There's no way anyone can check the harness out and know it's okay unless he knows the order in which the wires are supposed to be in the harness (sorry, no offense to your friend). I've been installing for over 15 years and it wasn't something I figured out until I spoke with a tech at Scosche. I would like to think they got it right after that back and forth and all my frustration, but like I said...you could have gotten an older harness which was wired wrong. If it's just the fuse, then by all means...congratulations!!!! If not, then you know you have another avenue to explore before you throw in the towel.

Let me know how it turns out, take some pics and show the install!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 03:29 PM

yep it was the fuse lol also there were also 2 wires that were wrong one was connected to a diffrent wire than it was supposed and the other wasnt connected at all lol.
so yea the instalation is complete it has a good bump to it.
youve been a good help and ill have pics up within a day or two.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:37 PM

Cool, cool...I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you!!! Now you get to enjoy the music. Just wait till you get around to swapping out the door speakers...you'll be amazed at how much better it will sound.

One thing you may want to do...disconnect the factory sub (if you haven't already). You can remove the panel that's behind the rear seat back so that you can lift the front edge of the rear deck cover high enough to access the harness that plugs into the sub, just pull it off and you'll be good to go. I say this because if you bump your system at high levels, after a while...the stock sub will blow due to the extra power that the aftermarket head unit is pushing. Mine is currently connected, but as soon as I get some decent weather...I'll be disonnecting it for sure to get rid of that ugly cone vibration of the sub distorting.

Not sure if the head unit you have allows you to set the high pass filters to the front and rear speakers, but a setting I found that works really nice for seamless sound...cross the front speakers off at 80 Hz (hpf), the rear speakers at 100 Hz (hpf) and the aftermarket sub at 80 Hz (lpf). I've toyed with other settings and this seemed to give the most full sound all the way around. Just a suggestion.

Again...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Too bad you're not in my area, I would LOVE to hear how a 2 sub set up sounds in the trunk of the Azera. I've got a single 10" right now, but I am planning on adding a 2nd sub once I build the new fiberglass enclosure. I will finally get to use my Phoenix Gold Xenon amp again, but instead of it pushing 600+ watts to a single sub, I'll split the power and let it feed to that can handle 450 watts each. The idea I have is for the subs to fire away from the rear seats and the amp will be mounted out in front of them like it's floating. We'll see if I can pull this off, but if I do...I'm planning on painting the enclosure a gloss black to match the car.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 PM

thanks alot man.
its sounds pretty sick and i havent tuned it yet either lol so hopefully itll sound even better once i fine tune it.
thanks for the speakers settings im gonna try them out, i cant wait to put aftermarket speakers (which is probably gonna happen).
but the thing is my "600 watt x2" was kinda bogus lol so im gonna move on to a better amp (not higher, but an amp that actually does do 600amps lol)
thanks again and good luck on your future system upgrade it sounds pretty sick.
ill try to post pics today if not tomorrow.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:48 AM

I can only imagine!!! What kinda amp is it that you have now? Maybe I can point you in the right direction in finding one for you for a really good price. Just let me know the specs on the subs you're pushing.

Word of note: Any new amps you buy now...well, there's a new thing called CEA-2006 Compliant which basically means...if they say an amp is pushing a certain amount of power...it is. It's a uniform standard that all manufacturers are supposed to follow (the legitimate ones anyway). So...it'll say 600 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms, but that's at 14.4 volts. In most cases, you're not getting that voltage at the amp in your car, it's probably gonna be between 12.8 and 13.6 (usually, but some cars to push more voltage), so in reality...the amp is probably pushing between 525-550 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms. Just a lil FYI for ya.

Amp options:

This one is pushing 560 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms. Visonik, while not considered elite like MTX, Rockford Fosgate and such...they have been making a name for themselves as solid performers for those looking for power, but are budget concious.
http://cgi.ebay.com/VISONIK-2400w-2-...QQcmdZViewItem

Now...if your subs are 4 ohms each, then this amp would be perfect for you, it's a 4-channel amp, but it can be bridged down to 2-channels. As you see by the specs...it's cranking out 600 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms (also note that it's doing this at 13.8 volts, not 14.4). Not sure if you've heard of Cadence products before, but they are seirous and legitimate.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CADENCE-1200w-RM...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-03-2008, 09:56 AM

i have a boss amp i heard they were a good company but overrated but i got their amp anyway to try it out. i was actuallysuprised because my cap says 14.sumtin. once i tuned it i was suprised with the results.
i hits pretty well i tuned the speakers hpf and now its pretty good but i put the subs to 100 because i though it was a little better.
i have 2 alpine type s subs i already broke themin because there was a point where they where jus siting in my room and i hooked them up to my jvc system lol they actually hit really good until i blew my jvc lol.
i have a video of them on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_I3pmAP-1KU
i might wanna upgrade but not for sure because they sound pretty good right now so i might stick with this amp and upgrade later on.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:04 AM

Well...my first set up was a 10" SPL sub with a Boss Audio Riot 850 amp. It pushed that sub like crazy!!! It was only a single 10", but folks thought I had 2 12's in the trunk. LOL The amp never overheated, never clipped...never gave me any problems. I sold and installed the amp & sub ina guys 3000GT, so that amp has been going strong now for...over 6 years now!!! Boss products don't get any respect, but folks are suprised at how good they sound when they don't know what it is. The only knock I have against them is not knowing how accurate their power ratings are. I don't think they use the 2006-CEA Compliant Standards.

Does your cap stay at 14+ when you turn your music up? I know with mine....music played moderately it hovered around 13.5-13.8...as I turn it up, it drops down to 12.7-13.1.

Alpine Type-S's are good too. I had a Type-R that my Phoenix Gold amp fried.

I would have kept with the Boss amps, but I needed to upgrade to showcase my skills when I show my system off to potential clients that I may do installs for. If they think I use cheap components for myself, they'll think I would do the same for them. However, one thing I always tell my clients...go with what makes you happy as you're the one that has to listen to it every day. If you're planning on doing sound competitions or stuff like that...then spend the money for top notch stuff. If this is for your everyday listening enjoyment...then work with what fits in your budget and pleases you.

Honestly, if I didn't have my Phoenix Gold amp sitting in my garage right now, I would keep the current set up I have in my trunk now (Phoenix Gold Xenon 10" sub being pushed by a Kenwood KAC-7202 2-channel amp)...it's running at about 450 watts rms. However, I really want to use the PG amp, so...I had to buy a 2nd Xenon sub and split the power off the amp. The Kenwood amp (which I've had now for about 4 years will go in my Outlook and push a couple of subs in there for me.

Another thing you may consider is changing the enclosure you have the subs in. You would be amazed at how much of a difference changing the box can make. If you have a sealed box, try a ported one. If you have a ported one...try a bandpass box. All of them have their advantages and disadvantages. I usually go with sealed, but I'm toying with making my next enclosure ported when I put the two subs in there. We shall see!!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:30 PM

kool im thinkin of making a box but dont kno yet.
the car isnt really fully mine i share it wit my sister so im probably gonna get another car and thats when im gonna put a real system in it.
probably make my own custom box and put some mtx subs in there.
but for now the azera is a great car to have a system in it.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:37 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwww....man, that's gotta suck!!! So when you get the other car, will you get the Azera or will you get the other car?

Can't go wrong with MTX subs, especially if you can get a deal on them. A couple of Ebay stores I know of...

http://www.indoaudio.com

http://www.audiosavings.net

Quick Reply: Aftermarket sound systems