Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

Electrical Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Default Electrical Malfunction

We purchased a 06 Azera for my girlfriend in March of 06. She was so excited with the luxury and all that jazz. I was skeptical of Hyundai, but the car was looking great. Until about 4K miles... She was driving down the street and then smoke came up through the center defroster almost as though a wire was buring.. We had it towed immediately to Hyundai who was never able to duplicate. Ever since then the car has been a electrial nightmare. The Car has been to Hyundai 17 times in 19 months.

*The driver seat motor went out
*Passenger window works sometimes/sometimes it doesnt
*Steering wheel telescopes/then doesnt
*Had to replace the rear sunshade. (Motor went out/4 week back order)

All of the issues seem to revolve around the electrical system in one way or the other. Never mind the fact that the dealerships dont provide an electrical mechanic on the weekend, so we have to have it serviced during the week, with 2 working professionals, but now they are hassling her about a rental car. Thank god this is all covered under warrenty, once that is gone this car will be 10 times the nightmare it is now.

Everyone (Hyundai) keeps telling us that this is a fluke. That the Azera is a great car, when i said, not in our eyes they invited a Factory Rep to come speak with us. Taking the Day off of work, my girlfriend and her father went up to speak to the gentleman about what the options are. Even Trade for another 06 Azera/upgrade to an 08. The Rep spent 30 minutes talking down to them and then got angry and starting yelling... At that moment, Kim kindly asked for his card, got up and left.

Is anyone else having these kinds of problems?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Default RE: Electrical Malfunction

Have you looked into lemon law protection in your state? There was a similar discussion about a Sonata at this thread:

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/m_12354/tm.htm

Different problems, but obviously both involve major issues from the beginning.