Hyundai Coupe The European version of the American Tirburon.

Coupe V6 Clutch Woes

Old 11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Default Coupe V6 Clutch Woes

Hello Everyone,

I decided after much consideration to replace the clutch on my V6 2005, Gen3, Coupe) myself, I was not best pleased with the quotation for the job coming in at £500+ at my local dealer. However I am not a newbie to cars and I have changed many clutches before now. I took my guidence from the Hyundai workshop manuals and to be honest the whole procedure was not too bad at all, it took some time though but was straight forward. UNTIL!

I put the car back together and started her up with my new clutch in situ, however when I went to press the clutch peddle there was not resistence on it, I pressed it to the floor and it came back up but you could not put the car in gear. I thought that perhaps there was room to bleed the system and so I did, about 5-6 times but still there was no resistence on the peddle.

I looked at the clutch release arm and when you pressed the peddle it moved out but it didnt seem to move out far enough to disengage the clutch. I am at a loss now as I am not sure what has gone wrong or how to resolve it.

Note: When I changed the clutch I made sure the release bearing was verticle and that the fork was in the right position to marry with it. It seems to have worked although it is hard to see through the small holes on the gearbox.

I am in desperate need of some help on this otherwise I have to (at my embarrassment, take the car to the garage and get them to fix it)

Last edited by VaderV6; 11-17-2010 at 12:39 PM.