Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

"Burg alarm B+" line drawing 0.5Amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:38 AM
phx
Default "Burg alarm B+" line drawing 0.5Amp

Elantra 2000 recently started a problem. Battery completely discharges for a couple of days. Commuting to work is short and not enoughto charge the battery. I discovered that electric system is permanently sucking 0.5Amp out of battery when car is parked, door locked and key is out.

I used trial and error method removing fuses and found the line consuming that power. It's marked "Burg alarm B+" on fuses box. When I took out that fuse - current came to zero. Then I started car and did a test drive with offending circuit disconnected. Everything works good except door lights, some lights on instument panel and radio.

How bad is driving with that circuit disconnected? Can I damage something in my car or get in troubles?

I want to try unplug radio because I suspect the radio isthat offender. Sometimes radio works and sometimes fails intermittently and unpredictable, but I don't know how to take it out. Any ideas?

What should be my next troubleshooting steps to fix that problem? Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diasgram. Can anybody give it to me?