Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2007 elantra haunted

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Default 2007 elantra haunted

My mom is staying with me because she very ill. Tonight my wife said her headlights and flasher were blinking. I thought maybe she hit the panic button on her remote during the day. So i try to hit the panic button to disarm it. The battery is going dead and it will not start and pushig all the buttons on the remote will not stop the lights from blinking. So i disconnected the negitive on the battery and put it back on and the lights were still blinking. So for tonight i just lefted the negitive off. What is up with this? I going to charge the battery tomorrow and see what happens. I would think it would not matter how low the battery get you still be able to stop the lights from blinking. Any ideas?

Old 02-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Banned

You're right. It's wierd. Change the battery and let us know. Modern cars require a good battery all the time.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:56 PM

I apologize, this may sound stupid...but did you try putting the key in the ignition?

Old 02-20-2009, 07:06 AM

yes,Dave. The battery was so low that the starter was clicking. All i can firgure is that sometime during the day she must have hit the panic button and when i got home the battery was too low to disarm the alarm system. i firgure if i disconnect the negitive it would make it stop but as so as i put it back on it was still flashing. I will charge the battery up tonight and reconnect the negitive and see what happens.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 PM

Actually, it may not have been that. My '07 Elantra when I first got it three weeks ago had a VERY sensitive alarm and went off a few times without warning. They ended up fixing it, so your wife may not have accidentily hit anything.