Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2009 Elantra parking lights and dash lights do no always shut off when car is shut of

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Default 2009 Elantra parking lights and dash lights do no always shut off when car is shut of

Our 2009 Elantra has been doing this for aprox. 6 wks. Called dealership, after a service appt. and a phone call, they replaced transfer box, within 26 hrs, it did it again and since it was not noticed battery went dead once again. I called and took the car in the next morning they couldn't get a problem to come up on the diagnostics. They gave me a loaner kept car for 10 days and we exchanged the loaner and elantra back. Well 24 hrs later the car did it again, I called the dealership and they were soon to close. What else can it be? The tech is saying if it does not get put on diagnostics when the car is acting up they cannot say whether it is in the ignition, door, or instrument panel. Please help...

Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 PM

That is a manual effort required to find kinda thing.. plugging in scanner wont do or tell them a thing.. just gives tech something to do so he can say he cannot find anything.

Unless the car is sitting there broke, look all you want, wont find anything..

Bring car in with where concern can be seen and stay seen, then we gots something to go by.. Sounds like logic issue in the IP or body control module if so equipped for controlling lights with a key off-door open mode of operation.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Default 2009 light issue

Thank You,
The car has done this x2 since we got it back on Thursday. We called 3x and are taking it Monday, for service again. I am taking your info with me again thank you.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Angry rocknro

I have a 2009 Elantra and I am having the same issue with it in regards to parking lights and dashlights staying on. Lights stuck on and battery died while we were gone over nightl. Charged up battery and next day it was dead again. Charged up again and took into dealer to check. They found nothing wrong with it. Lights came on again today and won't go off at all. Had to disconnect battery because I can't bring my vehicle back until next Tuesday. Will bring your response in and see what we can find. Really like my car but don't like the problem!

Old 05-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Default Parking Lights and Dash Lights

Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but my 2010 Elantra started doing the exact same thing.

Can you kindly share what the fix was for this issue?

Thanks a ton for your help!

Old 05-12-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by DrGordonShumway
Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but my 2010 Elantra started doing the exact same thing.

Can you kindly share what the fix was for this issue?

Thanks a ton for your help!
Problem was in the ignition, rust apparently. They cleaned it or replaced it, don't remember which. Problem solved and have not had any further trouble.