Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2010 Elantra "esc off" light turns on

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Default 2010 Elantra "esc off" light turns on

It's official, 2010 Hyundai's have the problem too. For a couple weeks my "esc off" light would turn on and I could not turn it off via the esc switch. I had to turn off the car and restart to get rid of the light, sometimes a few times. Same issues as previous Hyundai's that have recalls currently. I brought the car to the dealer and had the brake switch looked at and verify that it had failed via them reading the cars codes. They replaced the switch and the car is now OK. The car actually seems to shift better now or maybe that's just me. Anyhow, a $2.00 part seems to still be a problem. My car only has 4k miles on it. I'm amazed that this part has failed so soon.

I could duplicate the problem with the bad switch by driving the car, stopping, putting it in park, then back to drive and repeat until the light turned on.

Hope this helps, here's the TSB link:

http://www.amdmaddness.com/sonata/ts...adjustment.pdf

Last edited by Skipperl; 08-07-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Add information
Old 08-07-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Skipperl
It's official, 2010 Hyundai's have the problem too.
Hope this helps, here's the TSB link:
http://www.amdmaddness.com/sonata/ts...adjustment.pdf

And the replacement part number and switch per picture in your TSB is what we are taking out of the "092" recall cars and replacing with a 3K000-QQH switch... identified by having a black switch body with grey plastic connector...

Stick your head under the dash and see if the switch they used is all black or black body with grey connector...

Old 08-08-2010, 07:49 AM

I found the updated TSB, thanks for the input, here's the link:

http://www.myhyundaiforums.com/09-01-018.pdf

Old 03-10-2013, 12:16 PM

I have an '09 ET, 50K miles.

I had the ESC Off light on problem occur soon after I replaced a burned out stop light bulb. I replaced both bulbs with LED's. The cruise or in my case speed control was also affected. It would turn on but not set. I had Hyundai replace the brake light switch and they told me that the speed control module was bad and they would order one and call when it came in. Also under warranty.

I wasn't two miles into the replaced switch when the ESC Off light came back on. Not wanting to spend more time in the dealership lounge I continued home and called the service dept.

So today a light came on (pun intended) that there may a correlation with the installation of the LED's. I decided to change out the LED's to incandescent and voila!! ESC and speed control are operational.

Who'd a thunk it?

Jim