Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

cold startup rattle

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Default Finally!

Hyundai just replaced the CVVT section of the engine and for the last two weeks now, the cold start up rattle has not been heard.

Unreal.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Default Lemon

Well, after all the trouble I had with the car before, not comes an oil leak. I took it to the same dealer who did all the other work. I bought an extended warranty from them, so I hestitate to take the vehicle any where else.

They said the leak was low, so they replaced something low. The leak was still there after a few days, so I took it back to them. Then they said they had to replace "the machined girle above the cams". What were spots the size of nickels and quarters has become pan cake size or bigger now. I called them again and they want to look at it again.

Does this car now qualify for lemon status? Buying certified pre-owned from a dealer seems like this was not any different than buying from craig's list. I have not paid a dime for anything, but the aggravation alone with this car is maddening!