Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

crank sensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Default crank sensor

hey guy i was wondering if any of u guys can help me find the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor for my 2007 hyundai elantra

Old 12-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: crank sensor

Why? Are they bad? Take it back to the dealer and let them fix it under warranty.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:31 PM

well i wish i could but i bought the car second hand so no warranty.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

Just curious: Why do you want to know? Did someone tell you they are bad? Did you do an ODB II scan?

The short answer is the cam sensor is by #1 cylinder and injector, real easy to replace. The crank sensor is behind the crank pulley and timing belt, much more difficult.

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-20-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:26 PM

2007 > G 2.0 CVVT > Fuel System

COMPONENTS LOCATION

The short answer is the cam sensor is by #1 cylinder and injector, real easy to replace.
That is true...

7. Camshaft Position Sensor (CMPS)[/align]

The crank sensor is behind the crank pulley and timing belt, much more difficult.
No, the CKPS is attached to the bell housing just under the engine temperature sensor...

6. Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS)[/align]

Old 12-07-2008, 07:42 PM

well jsinton i had the same problem wid a different car n which was no gas n no spark after i changed the crank sensor it fired up like nothing happened n thats y i was hunting for it......

ken99 u must been sent from theheavens above i have been lookin for this diagram all over the net.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: kingofkingsvi

well i wish i could but i bought the car second hand so no warranty.
Yes you do. The5y/60k mile Bumper to bumper warranty carries over to the next owners. The 10y/100k miles drivetrain warranty drops to 5y/60k miles for second owners. Your used 2007 Elantra is covered until 2012 or 60k miles, whichever comes first.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:49 PM

now thats funny i went to the dealer and they told me that since i purchased the car the warranty is no good..
now i got to hunt for this info now any help will do

Old 12-07-2008, 09:11 PM

now thats funny i went to the dealer and they told me that since i purchased the car the warranty is no good..
What Novaresource says about the warranties is true for U.S. owners. From http://www.hyundaiusa.com/global/warranty/warranty.aspx:

10 YEAR / 100,000 MILES POWERTRAIN PROTECTION

Covers most engine & transaxle components. Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e. selected Engine and Transmission/Transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. Coverage applies to Original Owner only effective with 2004 Model Year and newer model year vehicles. On 1999-2003 Model Years, coverage applies to Original Owner and immediate family members (i.e. wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson).

Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5 year / 60,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (i.e. taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.).

Old 12-07-2008, 09:48 PM

i dont wanna sound gay but i love u guys ... i am going to the dealer 2marrow to givethem some hell lol
lol one other reason is my airbag light came on a while back when i was driving thas when they told me that i have no warranty but first i gotta find out if the warraty exists in my area which is the united states virgin islands

Quick Reply: crank sensor