glovebox light wiring - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:39 PM

Default glovebox light wiring

02 Elantra GT. While replacing stereo i replaced all the burnt out bulbs in the heater controls and the instrument cluster. The glovebox bulb is fine, though i did change it out twice to rule out bad bulb. Then I tested for power, no power, even checked while operating the switch. Well, next i checked for a proper ground, Got it. Both of the wires are ground. One switches off and on with the switch. Thought that it might switch from ground to power but NOPE. Ive looked for a wiring diagram but somehow ended up getting a virus on my computer. So, here i am. I also plan on adding additional lighting in the trunk and rear seat area as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 02-12-2018, 07:47 AM

Was the light working before you did the replacement radio?
If both wires in the socket result in grounds then sounds like one side is shorted?
Have you looked at the fuses?
Old 02-14-2018, 05:26 AM

I didn't believe so. But a day after leaving my question here on the forum i saw a posting how the glove box light only works with the headlights on. I went out and checked it out, and sure enough it acutually works. Tried finding my post but could not for the life of me figure out how to get to my posting. thank you. I'm constantly drawing on this forum about my car. This is an awesome site. Thank you again.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the update
Sure it will help someone else