Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Nosie

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Default Nosie

Well when i drive my 2002 elantra it makes a really wired noise, the noise only comes when i am about to sift like a radiling noise right before i sift does any one know what this could be and how much it could cost?? thanks

Old 11-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Default RE: Nosie

when you shift your car you have to step on the clutch. The clutch pedal syncronizes the transmission to the engine at about the same speed so you can easily shift. There may be a possibilty that it is not sycnronizing in time when you shift and it causes the gears to grind slightly....you can probably check if you have a hydraulic or dry clutch. If its a hydraulic clutch you might want to check your fluid and see if its at the proper level. If it isnt you may have a leak somewhere in the system

Old 11-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Default RE: Nosie

Also use a turkey baster and remove all the fluid you can off the top and replace with fresh fluid. This will at least put new oil on top.
Best is to flush down to clutch BUT I have not looked into that yet.

Good luck