Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Default Transmission

I just changed my altinator and now my automatic transmission will not work. I can move the lever through all the gears but the tranny does not engage! Did I screwup the computer some how? Does the computer need to be reset somehow? These things are getting harder to work due to the electronics...........
Stuck in Tucson

Old 12-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Transmission

Ouch. Did you try disconnecting the battery and leaving it that way for several minutes? Also, is there any chance a connector was left unconnected? Are all fuses in the passenger and engine compartments intact?

I've had issues once or twice with stuff like this, and it often turns out to be something simple like that.

I would check the connectors that are in the shift selector switch path.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Default RE: Transmission

You should check the selector cable, it is located on the top of the transmission .This is the cable that runs from the selector lever inside the vehicle. don't worry you have'nt blown you computer if that haqppened you will still be able to move the vehicle but just that the gears would not change this would be the transmission computer only. If you blew the engine computer ,you would not be able to start the vehicle