Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

What is this? 2002 elantra

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Default What is this? 2002 elantra

Hi. Just today a bracket rotted out and busted and was holding something up that I am not quite sure what it is. It is under the car on the drivers side at the very rear end. It is a black plastic rectangular box about 12" x 6" and has some rubber tubing coming out of it. As I mentioned, it is held up with a metal strap that runs length wise.The bracket rotted/broke off the frame. Is this a charcoal canister? Should this strap should have rotted? Possible recall?

Thanks for any and all advice, Angelo.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, that's the charcoal canister.

You want a recall on rusted strap in a 10 year old car?

Old 09-22-2011, 11:51 AM

Thanks NovaResource.

I started a big discussion on the recall of the control arms a few years ago. Maybe I can get the ball rolling again? ; ) The strap is still on the bottom of the canister it is the brackets that are rotted off the frame. Probably not big of a difference though.

I would have liked to posted pictures but I am not sure how to do so. Can someone give me a quick tutorial? I searched around the forum and could not find any directions.

Thanks again,Angelo

Last edited by pizzaman; 09-22-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling