Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

2011 Hyundai ET SE: Heated Seats and More

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Default 2011 Hyundai ET SE: Heated Seats and More

Hi All,
I'm on the verge of purchasing a new 2011 ET SE w/manual transmission and after a recent test drive of an automatic I have a few questions I'm hoping people can address:
1. The heated seats didn't seem to heat up at all, does anyone have experience with them and can you verify they will warm the buns?
2. Are people happy with the sport shifter provided on the SE Manual model and is it standard? I keep getting different data on that
3. Would people recommend the SE over the GLS with Popular Package?
4. Can you get alloys on the GLS? I know you have to stick with 15inch tires right?
5. Other advice on what to purchase and what will offer the best handling and luxury?

Thanks to all the experts in advance !

Old 05-17-2011, 03:55 PM

in canada its called the sport, not the se. the heated seats work great! i have the 17" alloys, look great and handle nice with the low profile tires, but with our 3rd world roads here in quebec, quite bonejarring!
i switched to 15" and steelies for the winter.
the pluses of the se over the gls are the sunroof i think andf the wheels. the stereo is the same i think, and in canada, we dont get the leather seats.

hope that helps
chuck

Old 05-18-2011, 10:54 AM

That does help, it's good to hear that the heated seats work well. Does anyone know if the front axle has a locking diff/limited slip?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:15 PM

I just bought a 2011 Touring SE and it's amazing. The heated seats are great, I like that they heat your back and not your butt. They aren't super hot like some cars I've been in but they are very nice on cold days and have two settings. The SE comes with the sport shifter, it is standard and it's very nice. The SE has a lot of extra features I didn't even realize until I got it home. It has heated leather seats, the sport shifter, sunroof, fog lights, 17" alloy wheels, roof racks, anti lock breaks, electronic stability control and more things I can't think of.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:16 AM

thanks again for the input. I actually bought a new 2011 ET SE with all the bells and whistles 4 days ago. I'm loving it and already getting over 30 MPG and my girlfriend and I are spending the weekend in the Lake Tahoe and seat warmers are working great!

-Eric