Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Bluetooth Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Default Bluetooth Kit Installation

I just bought an Elantra Touring SE yesterday and I and curious about the bluetooth kit. Is it something that you can install yourself or does the dealer have to do it? Does anyone have the install directions online so I can look at them and determine if I am comfortable doing it myself?

Thanks

Ryan

Old 02-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM

Thanks. Look a little too daunting for me.

Ryan

Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

No shame in that. Glad we could help make the decision before you dove in.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:18 AM

I looked at the instructions and they are not for the Touring.
My concern is how do you get the wire by the side air bag without setting it off.
Looks real easy except for that. Maybe they have the ignition wire already run.
I would like to know.
Has anyone on this Forum actually installed a factory BlueTooth in a Hyundai Touring or a Elantra.
As for prices I have seen the BlueTooth selling for as low as $25.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

The instructions are for an after-factory bluetooth install, not a factory kit. The instructions specifically show a Veracruz but the install is the same for any Hyundai.

If you are concerned with the air bags then let a trained professional installit.

Nobody has installed a "factory" bluetooth except the factory workers. Any kit added after purchase will not be a factory system.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 AM

The reason I asked is. I just purchased a Bluetooth by Hyundai on the internet from a dealer for $24. Seems the dealer ships are getting rid of them for a very low price.
This is for my 2009 Elantra.
I should get it at the end of the week. I also purchased a lot of other items at a really low price.
I got a spoiler for my 2012 Elantra Touring for $20 shipped. It was not titanium Grey, but the grey color they shipped color code MAD was so close it is almost impossible to tell.
Details to follow.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:13 PM

Where you ordering these from so cheap? Link?

Old 09-18-2012, 07:18 AM

Here is the link.
Prime Parts Superstore

The Bluetooth units listed are just for the Elantra. Not Touring.
I purchased a lot of items. I have 3 Hyundai's. I have a Elantra, E Touring and a Tiburon.

The custon foot pedals for the Elantra work on the Elantra touring.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM

The answer is it is easy and you need to have the patience to make the cuts into the overhead light assembly.
I just put one in my wife's car and the total job took 2 hours. From start to end.
The instructions are a little confusing. And you will need extensions for your drill bits.

I also put one in my Hyundai Elantra Touring. The kit was the wrong color and for the regular Elantra. But, the price was like $25.
What makes the difference is the color and the Eyeglass door. They may look the same, but they are not.
I re cut my original door and painted the center. I had to remove the plastic to do this.
I took my time and it came out like factory. The grey that I painted was darker and it contrasted better.
If anyone has any questions iIwill be more than glad to help.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Kit Installation