Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

in dash nav kit

Old 08-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Default in dash nav kit

Hey guys! I stumbled across this website while searching for a nav kit for my 2010 elantra touring. Can any one confirm if this is legit. It looks awesome! I would buy it but I wasn't sure if it will fit 100% and also if you guys know of any other models out there on the market.

Here's the link. Hyundai i30 DVD GPS Navigation - HD Touchscreen and bluetooth DVD Player - Multifunctional Radio Replacement

I actually found what seems to be the same product but over a hundred dollars cheaper. Here's the link http://www.w2audio.com/buy-hyundai-e...w29532yb-.html

UPDATE

"So I bit the bullet and bought an in dash gsp/dvd unit for my 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring. First off, I'd like to confirm that this gps nav kit works with the 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring. So, although the websites that sell these units say Hyundai i30, they are cross compatible with the Touring as well.

I bought the ST-1301 from a company called LSQ STAR that I found on Alibaba.com. The reason I bought this model was because it came with the fascia panel that has the cutout on the top for the storage box on top. Overall, the installation was fairly easy. The harness they supplied matched the existing Hyundai wire harness perfectly to mate with the new unit. The hardest part was figuring out how I would route the GPS antenna cord. That scared me the most at first. I ended up getting creative and courageous and found a perfect place to route the cable without having to cut any thing or make any holes. I will provide pictures soon to show it where and what I did. The other hard thing was the brake wire. This wire needs to be connected somewhere so that you can watch dvd's. If the wire is not connected to anything (the way it comes), you get an error message on the screen. I went online and read about it and found out that all you had to do was strip the wire and ground it to the unit. So I stripped the wire loosened a screw in the back of the nav unit and twisted the wire around the screw, tightened it and poof, the dvd player now works. I know that I will probably hardly use this feature but I just wanted the feature to work. If you guys have any questions, let me know. Overall, the install process is easy enough for a novice like me to install so you guys shouldn't have a problem with it either. I'll post pictures. If you want to see any other pictures or perhaps a video showing the features, just let me know. I'd be happy to help!

I hope you guys find this useful. It is hard to jump into making a purchase like this when it is hard to find any substantial information on the web about it. I more or less was just praying that the unit would be compatible with my car!

Here is a link to the youtube video that I made!

Last edited by Jetguy35; 08-24-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: More links
Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 AM

so i found a couple of in dash nav units that i am interested but i have a question. Can anyone here offer any insight on how to wire this with the preexisting wiring in my 2010 hyundai elantra touring. I have attached pictures of my car stereo and one picture of the back of a nav unit i was considering. Any help and thoughts would be appreciated. I'd hate to order something only to figure out it is not compatible.

Attached Thumbnails in dash nav kit-photo-5-1859060981.jpg   in dash nav kit-photo-1-670040298.jpg   in dash nav kit-photo-21042286189.jpg   in dash nav kit-photo-3-303385444.jpg   in dash nav kit-photo-41028652279.jpg  

Old 08-23-2012, 01:08 PM

So I bit the bullet and bought an in dash gsp/dvd unit for my 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring. First off, I'd like to confirm that this gps nav kit works with the 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring. So, although the websites that sell these units say Hyundai i30, they are cross compatible with the Touring as well.

I bought the ST-1301 from a company called LSQ STAR that I found on Alibaba.com. The reason I bought this model was because it came with the fascia panel that has the cutout on the top for the storage box on top. Overall, the installation was fairly easy. The harness they supplied matched the existing Hyundai wire harness perfectly to mate with the new unit. The hardest part was figuring out how I would route the GPS antenna cord. That scared me the most at first. I ended up getting creative and courageous and found a perfect place to route the cable without having to cut any thing or make any holes. I will provide pictures soon to show it where and what I did. The other hard thing was the brake wire. This wire needs to be connected somewhere so that you can watch dvd's. If the wire is not connected to anything (the way it comes), you get an error message on the screen. I went online and read about it and found out that all you had to do was strip the wire and ground it to the unit. So I stripped the wire loosened a screw in the back of the nav unit and twisted the wire around the screw, tightened it and poof, the dvd player now works. I know that I will probably hardly use this feature but I just wanted the feature to work. If you guys have any questions, let me know. Overall, the install process is easy enough for a novice like me to install so you guys shouldn't have a problem with it either. I'll post pictures. If you want to see any other pictures or perhaps a video showing the features, just let me know. I'd be happy to help!

I hope you guys find this useful. It is hard to jump into making a purchase like this when it is hard to find any substantial information on the web about it. I more or less was just praying that the unit would be compatible with my car!

Here is a link to the youtube video that I made!

Attached Thumbnails in dash nav kit-img_4025.jpg   in dash nav kit-img_4024-small.jpg   in dash nav kit-img_4023-small.jpg   in dash nav kit-img_4022-small.jpg  

Last edited by Jetguy35; 08-24-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added youtube video link
Old 08-24-2012, 08:20 AM

I saw your video. Nice.
Does the unit give you Bluetooth or does it connect to your Bluetooth.
Reason is I was thinking about getting a Bluetooth system.
Can the GPS be updated?

Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by DrDemento
I saw your video. Nice.
Does the unit give you Bluetooth or does it connect to your Bluetooth.
Reason is I was thinking about getting a Bluetooth system.
Can the GPS be updated?
Hey. Yeah the unit has built in bluetooth. So far it works better than the bluetooth I already had in my car. It is nice to get the bluetooth sound coming through the car speakers! At first I was nervous when I was working in the garage because I noticed a slight feedback when making a bluetooth call. After I took the car out for a spin though and made a couple calls, everything was clear. There must have been interference in the garage... Anyways, so far so good with it all.

Regarding the maps. Right now it seems to me that if you want updated maps you may have to pay for them. Although, I'd like to grab the sd card and plug it into the computer to see if it is updateable. I just haven't gotten around to checking that out. The maps are pretty current though so they should be good for a while.

Last edited by Jetguy35; 08-24-2012 at 08:59 AM.