Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Just to say hello!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Default Just to say hello!

Hello All!

Newbie here ...just joined up so thought I would say hello. I switched from a focus to an '08 i30 Premium about a year ago and have to say I'm very happy with it. It drives well and works hard for it's keep as it pulls our caravan around the country as me and Mrs Snake enjoy our weekend jaunts!!

I have to admit to having an ulterior motive in joining the forum ...I have a question for you good folk out there. This weekend I noticed a strange noise coming from the inside right hand wall of the luggage compartment (near the light) ...a sort of clicking that made me think of a faulty relay ...but is there one in that area? It's not constant ...sometimes it gets fast and then stops, other times it just does a few short clicks and other times it stops altogether. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether the ignition is on or off. No warning lights showing either.

I'm totally baffled ...anyone got any thoughts??

The only possible thing I think it might be is not electrical ...it's the cargo net pulling on the anchor points and 'creaking' a bit ...unlikely I know, but when I make it happen it sounds the same. It was a cheap net from a pound shop so I guess it could be the elastic perishing as it's about a year old. I can only hope!! This has all happened in the last 24 hours so I've not tried removing the net as yet.

Looking forward to any thought you may have!

Cheers.
Snake (John).

Old 08-09-2010, 04:57 PM

that is a noodle scratcher John. No help here; just wanted to say hello since we are desperate for additional members here. Hope someone smarter than I provides some insights for you.