Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Ventvisors/Ventshades to Fit Touring

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Default Ventvisors/Ventshades to Fit Touring

I'd like to get a set of the side window ventvisors for my new '09 Touring but I can't tell whether the window configuation/size is the same as the regular Elantra. I've tried emailing some of the companies that make them but without any luck. Does anyone know if the side windows are the same as on the regular Elantra(?), and if not, does anyone know where I can get ventvisors/ventshades that will fit the '09 Touring?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

The Touring is not the same as the Elantra sedan. The Touring is a version of the European i30. AFAIK, there don't make ventvisors for the Touring yet.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:27 PM

Yeah, one company says they make them for the touring. Had a shop order them. The fronts would have fit fine but the backs were made for the sedan and were way too short. They wouldn't sell me just the fronts nor would the company when I called. So be careful if they say they make them for the touring.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Default Side Visors

Check out hyundaicanada.com under Hyundai Elantra Touring Accessories.
The site shows side visors, roof racks, rear spoilers etc for the Canada Touring. I've not contacted any Canadian dealers as yet, but am considering the rear spoiler.
Talked with hyundaiaccessorystore.com here in U.S. and was told that Canada Hyundai and USA Hyundai are two different animals and they don't share the same inventories.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by grubman75
I'd like to get a set of the side window ventvisors for my new '09 Touring but I can't tell whether the window configuation/size is the same as the regular Elantra. I've tried emailing some of the companies that make them but without any luck. Does anyone know if the side windows are the same as on the regular Elantra(?), and if not, does anyone know where I can get ventvisors/ventshades that will fit the '09 Touring?
The rear window sizes are different between an Alantra and an Alantra Touring

For the Touring model you need the following

Top of ventshade is 28 inches long and straight (no curve)
Bottom of ventshade is 29 inches long with the slope from Top to Bottom all at the rear end of ventshade. The front end up and down is straight.
Frank J. juliusb@comacst.net

Let me know if you locate a set of venshades that fit. Frank J.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Frank J.
The rear window sizes are different between an Alantra and an Alantra Touring
It's Elantra and Elantra Touring. Not Alantra and Alantra Touring.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 PM
tjv

Originally Posted by grubman75
Go to Ebay. Enter Elantra Touring accessories. You can purchase a number of parts including the side window wind deflectors, etc. from Korea and Canada. I did that and had the deflectors from Korea in 6 days. Also bought front hood wind deflector from Canada